    IE6 has suddenly started using Quicktime as the default media player when I
    click on an MPEG file on the net. I much prefer WMP. How do I get IE6 to use
    WMP again?

    Gorbag, May 31, 2006

  2. Gorbag

    x1134x Guest

    Gorbag wrote:
    > IE6 has suddenly started using Quicktime as the default media player when I
    > click on an MPEG file on the net. I much prefer WMP. How do I get IE6 to use
    > WMP again?

    Uninstall QT, and re-install. When installing in the options it will
    ask if you want it to be the default player for a bunch of file types.
    don't make it the default player for .mpg files. Don't make it the
    default player for anything other than Quicktime files for that matter.

    Atlernatively you can open any windows explorer window (my computer for
    example,) goto tools, folder options, and find the file types tab.
    Find the .mpg extension and change the program associated with it.
    You'll probably get better mileage out of uninstalling and
    re-installing, because you can wipe out all of the file types it
    claimed when you installed it.

    x1134x
    x1134x, May 31, 2006

  3. Gorbag

    Moke G Guest

    "Gorbag" <> wrote in message
    > IE6 has suddenly started using Quicktime as the default media player when
    > I click on an MPEG file on the net. I much prefer WMP. How do I get IE6 to
    > use WMP again?

    I would strongly recommend that you NEVER use 'quicktime' as it contains
    spyware. Just do without and stick to Windows Media Player and/or
    RealPlayer.

    Moke G.
    Moke G, Jun 1, 2006