    "Comcast.net" ISP????

    All other Web sites work o.k. with my Mozilla browser..

    Willard
    Willard, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Willard wrote:

    > Win2kproSP4 + IE6 updated last week o.k..
    >
    > A few months ago my Blazenet ISP was replaced (bought out) by
    > Comcast.. Things worked o.k. until this week, when the 'update' would
    > not connect to Comcast ISP, and Home is:

    Home?

    > http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

    "To continue, you must first add this website to your trusted sites in
    Internet Explorer."

    > The Update Window top Banner shows "Microsoft Windows Update -
    > Blazenet"... "The page requested is Unavailable"...
    > I also note a search of the registry shows "Blazenet" still in many
    > parts of the Registry..
    > How can I change my Profile for Internet Explorer to use the new
    > "Comcast.net" ISP????

    Google says:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm and
    http://help.expedient.net/browsers/removebranding.shtml and many others

    > All other Web sites work o.k. with my Mozilla browser..

    Are you sure Windows isn't using Internet Explorer to check for updates?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Willard

    Willard Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Willard wrote:
    >
    >> Win2kproSP4 + IE6 updated last week o.k..
    >>
    >> A few months ago my Blazenet ISP was replaced (bought out) by
    >> Comcast.. Things worked o.k. until this week, when the 'update' would
    >> not connect to Comcast ISP, and Home is:

    > Home?
    >
    >> http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

    > "To continue, you must first add this website to your trusted sites in
    > Internet Explorer."
    >
    >> The Update Window top Banner shows "Microsoft Windows Update -
    >> Blazenet"... "The page requested is Unavailable"...
    >> I also note a search of the registry shows "Blazenet" still in many
    >> parts of the Registry..
    >> How can I change my Profile for Internet Explorer to use the new
    >> "Comcast.net" ISP????

    > Google says:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm and
    > http://help.expedient.net/browsers/removebranding.shtml and many others
    >
    >> All other Web sites work o.k. with my Mozilla browser..

    > Are you sure Windows isn't using Internet Explorer to check for updates?

    Thank you Beauregard, for the links..
    RUN:
    "rundll32iedkcs32.dll,Clear"

    The above corrected my IE6 Browser window branding

    Willard :)
    Willard, Oct 5, 2007