    has not fixed the problem. Any suggestions would be a great help as its got
    me stuffed. I'm thinking just format and start over again :)

    Thanks.

    Michael, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Michael wrote:
    > Does anyone know what would cause IE6 not to display any webpages.
    > Connection is active, it contacts website, waits for reply and then says
    > action cancelled. I'm thinking maybe it had a corrupt file but a reinstall
    > has not fixed the problem. Any suggestions would be a great help as its got
    > me stuffed. I'm thinking just format and start over again :)

    does another browser work?
    does the machine resolve domains?

    I have found in the past that IE says contacting site when it is doing
    DNS lookup for the domain.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Michael

    Rider Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Does anyone know what would cause IE6 not to display any webpages.
    > Connection is active, it contacts website, waits for reply and then says
    > action cancelled. I'm thinking maybe it had a corrupt file but a
    > reinstall has not fixed the problem. Any suggestions would be a great
    > help as its got me stuffed. I'm thinking just format and start over again
    > :)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Start --> Run --> regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    This worked for me on two different machines last week. Interesting thing is
    they both had the free Dlink modems from Xtra. (There are some others you
    can try, but I'll have to find them)

    Hope this helps

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 16, 2005