    restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

    --
    Fred Bailey
    Fred Bailey, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Fred  Bailey

    TTG Guest

    Could be something like an unwanted visitor .. try running spybot on your
    system :-

    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    TTG, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Fred Bailey bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
    > wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
    > Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do
    > to restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

    stop using IE6.
    Michael Thompson, Oct 23, 2005
  4. Fred  Bailey

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:23:27 GMT If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then "Fred Bailey"
    <> sent this :

    >using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
    >wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
    >Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do to
    >restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

    Some good anti-spyware/trojan software will do this to prevent you
    getting invaded.When it happens start manually running your scanners.
    HTH :0)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Oct 23, 2005
  5. Fred  Bailey

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:23:27 GMT, "Fred Bailey"
    <> wrote:

    >using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
    >wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
    >Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do to
    >restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

    My IE6 does similar things. Could be a conflict with IE6, a security
    update and a bad webpage. I have SpyBot installed which seeks to
    "immunise" IE6 against threats - this might also provide a source of
    conflict.

    IE7 - designed with much better inherent security (so we're told) is
    due out sometime this year.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Oct 23, 2005