    IE7 tried it as one of my remedies didnt like it at all) Im running XP Pro,
    IE6sp2 any help/advice will be much appreciated.

    Dave
    Dave, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Dave

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:18:57 GMT, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >My IE6 keeps crashing, seems to happen only on certain sites - it always
    >crashes when searching Google for images, images appear ok (thumbnails) but
    >as soon as I click on one i get "IE6 has encountered a problem & needs to
    >close etc etc)

    Gosh, never seen a error that says "etc etc" in it.

    >This problem has been going on for a while & Ive tried various remedies but
    >still have problem is it possible to remove IE6 & reinstall it? (dont want
    >IE7 tried it as one of my remedies didnt like it at all) Im running XP Pro,
    >IE6sp2 any help/advice will be much appreciated.

    Ditch IE. Install FireFox.
    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2007

  3. (posting from ie6.browser on msnews; not connected to USENET)
    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > My IE6 keeps crashing, seems to happen only on certain sites - it always
    > crashes when searching Google for images, images appear ok (thumbnails) but
    > as soon as I click on one i get "IE6 has encountered a problem & needs to
    > close etc etc)
    >
    > This problem has been going on for a while & Ive tried various remedies but
    > still have problem is it possible to remove IE6 & reinstall it? (dont want
    > IE7 tried it as one of my remedies didnt like it at all) Im running XP Pro,
    > IE6sp2 any help/advice will be much appreciated.

    Same suggestion as I gave you two months ago. ; ]
    (You're using an identical Subject so OE groups the two threads.)

    ---
    Robert Aldwinckle, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Dave

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:31:41 -0400, "Robert Aldwinckle"
    <> wrote:

    >Same suggestion as I gave you two months ago. ; ]
    >(You're using an identical Subject so OE groups the two threads.)

    I turned off that feature. Too many morons use the same subject -
    "help!" or something.
    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Dave

    PA Bear Guest