    heard there's an 'Hotfix' for this problem but cant find it The address
    code seems to change everytime it happens - anyone any ideas?

    Frustrated Dave
    Dave, Dec 16, 2006

  2. "Dave" <> wrote in
    news:eek:qYgh.12964$:

    > Hi
    > When using IE6 I'm getting an error message "Explorer has encounterd a
    > problem & needs to close sorry for inconvenience etc etc" the error codes
    > are as follows:
    >
    > code: 0xc0000005 flags 0x0000000
    > address 0x0000000010000037
    >
    > Ive done a search on the MS website but keep going round in circles Ive
    > heard there's an 'Hotfix' for this problem but cant find it The address
    > code seems to change everytime it happens - anyone any ideas?
    >
    > Frustrated Dave

    Instead of banging around trying to figure out what went awry, if you're
    sure that that it's IE that's fubared, I'd download the thing and reinstall
    or repair it, if it gives you the option - then goto Windows Update and see
    if anything else is needed:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-
    48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/6zjbm

    Probably to a shark,
    about the funniest thing there is
    would be a wounded seal,
    out in the middle of the ocean,
    desperately trying to swim to shore.

    Because, like - where does he think *he's* going!??!
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 16, 2006

  3. Dave

    dunno Guest

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    dunno, Dec 16, 2006
  4. Dave

    AnonyMouse Guest

    dunno wrote:
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> When using IE6 I'm getting an error message "Explorer has encounterd a
    >> problem & needs to close sorry for inconvenience etc etc" the error codes
    >> are as follows:
    >>
    >> code: 0xc0000005 flags 0x0000000
    >> address 0x0000000010000037
    >>
    >> Ive done a search on the MS website but keep going round in circles Ive
    >> heard there's an 'Hotfix' for this problem but cant find it The address
    >> code seems to change everytime it happens - anyone any ideas?
    >>
    >> Frustrated Dave

    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    But what if he wants to continue using IE? Switching to an alternate
    program is not the answer to every problem. It just ignores the problem,
    rather than fixing it.
    AnonyMouse, Dec 16, 2006
  5. Dave

    Jerry G. Guest

    There is most likely a fault in the a file that is part of IE. A bad
    file in the IE cache can also cause fault conditions. Before
    re-installing IE, do a cache cleanup. Go to the properties of the hard
    drive, and use the Disk Cleanup utility to clear the cache.

    If you have the problem with other programs, then this may be an
    operating system problem, or a hardware failure that is effecting
    something to do with the RAM, or the addressing of the RAM.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Dec 16, 2006
  6. Dave

    Robert Guest

    You can download and use IE 7.0 the the new version of IE.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10010

    Robert, Dec 16, 2006
  7. In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, AnonyMouse wrote:

    > dunno wrote:
    >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    > But what if he wants to continue using IE? Switching to an alternate
    > program is not the answer to every problem. It just ignores the
    > problem, rather than fixing it.

    It is always a wise idea to have an alternate browser on hand for times
    like this. With a dead browser, you can't do anything on the WWW.

    Besides, he may actually like Firefox better! :)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 16, 2006
  8. In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Robert wrote:

    > You can download and use IE 7.0 the the new version of IE.

    This may not be a good idea, loading IE7 over top of a dead IE 6. If the

    I would definitely install another browser first, either Firefox and/or
    Opera. Neither is going to mess up the operating system.

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    http://www.opera.com/

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 16, 2006
  9. Dave

    nobody > Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Robert wrote:
    >
    >> You can download and use IE 7.0 the the new version of IE.

    > This may not be a good idea, loading IE7 over top of a dead IE 6. If the
    >
    > I would definitely install another browser first, either Firefox and/or
    > Opera. Neither is going to mess up the operating system.
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    > http://www.opera.com/

    Good idea! That will allow the OP to at least be able to search the M$
    Knowledge Base.

    BTW- Have fun finding a completely "stand alone" install of IE 6. Every
    one you will find is a file that leads to a further download of IE 6. I
    went thru this on some vendor's software that *requires* (so it says) IE
    6 to view its help files (and this software *needs* help!). After
    getting M$ to admit this on the phone, they sent me a disk ($5?) with
    the same download-starter files. Guess what.. Opera works just fine.
    FWIW, the computers involved can't be and never will see a net
    connection (even LAN).
    nobody >, Dec 17, 2006
  10. Dave

    anndhansen Guest

    Hi Dave
    I have the same problem, but only when I download Google Toolbar. In
    the window of the
    error-message there might be an 'advanced features'-button. This will
    show your third-party browser extensions. Try and deactivate everything
    with Google. I know it's not solving the problem, and I am just as
    annoyed as you are. I've been fighting with this for a month, and I
    spend maybe five hours every day troubleshooting. Nothing has helped
    so far.

    anndhansen, Dec 27, 2006