IE6 information Bar missing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Franco, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. Franco

    Franco Guest

    When I click on windows update I get this come up:

    Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
    The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
    control. To install it:
    1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
    below the address bar.
    2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
    3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.

    But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or anywhere
    else, can anyone help me?

    Regards

    Franco

    --
    "Do you like Kipling?"
    "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

    Franco, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Franco

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Franco wrote:
    > When I click on windows update I get this come up:
    >
    > Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
    > The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
    > control. To install it:
    > 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located
    > just below the address bar.
    > 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
    > 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
    >
    > But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
    > anywhere else, can anyone help me?
    >

    > Regards
    >

    > Franco

    Hey Beans, go read the replies to your previous post. This isn't chat or
    email.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005

  3. Franco

    Franco Guest

    Hey Tool

    Did it not occur to your fine mind that I might be having problems posting
    to newsgroups and so couldn't tell whether I was getting through or not.

    Thanks for your tolerance Man.

    Cheers

    Franco

    Franco, Oct 22, 2005
  4. Franco

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Your post indicated no reason to assume that you had any issues
    posting/accessing newsgroups.

    Franco wrote:
    > Hey Tool
    >
    > Did it not occur to your fine mind that I might be having problems
    > posting to newsgroups and so couldn't tell whether I was getting
    > through or not.
    > Thanks for your tolerance Man.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Franco
    >
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Franco wrote:
    >>> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
    >>>
    >>> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
    >>> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
    >>> control. To install it:
    >>> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located
    >>> just below the address bar.
    >>> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
    >>> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
    >>>
    >>> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
    >>> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
    >>>

    >>> Regards
    >>>

    >>> Franco

    >> Hey Beans, go read the replies to your previous post. This isn't
    >> chat or email.
    >>
    >> --
    >> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    >> like an idiot.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005
  5. Franco

    Barry Guest

    Hello Franco, this is just a wild theory but worth a try, and this is much
    better than some wise cracks like you may get from some people, while you
    are in IE6 click on tools, popup blocker, popup blocker setting, and make
    sure it is checked where it says, show information bar, let me know if it
    works,,,

    Barry, Oct 22, 2005
  6. "Barry" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Franco, this is just a wild theory but worth a try, and this is much
    > better than some wise cracks like you may get from some people, while you
    > are in IE6 click on tools, popup blocker, popup blocker setting, and make
    > sure it is checked where it says, show information bar, let me know if it
    > works,,,
    > "Franco" <> wrote in message
    >> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
    >>
    >> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
    >> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
    >> control. To install it:
    >> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
    >> below the address bar.
    >> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
    >> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
    >>
    >> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
    >> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>

    >> Franco
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Do you like Kipling?"
    >> "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

    On mine it says "show information bar when pop-up blocked" (check box) - so
    it shows only when that occurs

    Geoff Pearson, Oct 23, 2005