    on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so i can't edit it. Will
    somebody pleez help me!!!!

    ---

    Tony Bowring, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Tony Bowring

    Bill Guest

    "Tony Bowring" <> wrote in message
    news:I6Qrb.2396$...
    > How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google, i've tried

    right-clicking
    > on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so i can't edit it. Will
    > somebody pleez help me!!!!

    Go to the page you want as your homepage, then go Tools, Internet Options,
    click on Use Current, then Apply and the job should be a good'un.

    Bill

    Bill, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Tony Bowring

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Tony Bowring said:

    > How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google, i've tried right-clicking
    > on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so i can't edit it. Will
    > somebody pleez help me!!!!

    Try it via Internet Options

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003
  4. The buttons are in grey aswell.
    "Bill" <> wrote in message

    > "Tony Bowring" <> wrote in message
    > > How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google, i've tried

    > right-clicking
    > > on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so i can't edit it.

    Will
    > > somebody pleez help me!!!!

    > Go to the page you want as your homepage, then go Tools, Internet Options,
    > click on Use Current, then Apply and the job should be a good'un.
    >
    > Bill

    ---

    The Inte®net Devil, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Tony Bowring

    bb3 Guest

    > How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google, i've tried

    right-clicking
    > on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so i can't edit it.

    Will
    > somebody pleez help me!!!!

    In IE go to Tools/Internet Options...on the General tab, enter Google as
    your homepage.

    If the homepage box is still greyed out, install and run the following:

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot S&D
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    bb3, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Tony Bowring

    SoCal Tom Guest

    "Tony Bowring" wrote
    > How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google,

    The easy way is the simple "drag and drop" method. Go to Google dot com,
    then left click on the IE icon next to the address on the address bar. Drag
    the icon to the icon of a house on the tool bar. The computer will ask, "Do
    you want to make this your home page?" Click "yes" and Google will open
    everytime you start Internet Explorer.
    --
    SoCal Tom

    SoCal Tom, Nov 10, 2003
  7. Tony Bowring

    trout Guest

    bb3 wrote:

    > "Tony Bowring" <> wrote in message
    >> How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google, i've tried
    >> right-clicking on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so
    >> i can't edit it. Will somebody pleez help me!!!!
    >>

    > In IE go to Tools/Internet Options...on the General tab, enter Google
    > as your homepage.
    >
    > If the homepage box is still greyed out, install and run the
    > following:
    >
    > Ad-Aware
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > Spybot S&D
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >
    > Spyware Blaster

    Just to add; if he's already running these (or similar) programs, to
    check the settings to make sure that the homepage is not 'locked' by one
    of them.
    --
    "As you can do with Spybot S&D, for example."

    trout, Nov 10, 2003
  8. Tony Bowring

    bb3 Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > bb3 wrote:
    >
    > > "Tony Bowring" <> wrote in message
    > >> How the beeeeeeep do i set my homepage to google, i've tried
    > >> right-clicking on IE and properties but the homepage box is grey so
    > >> i can't edit it. Will somebody pleez help me!!!!
    > >>

    > > In IE go to Tools/Internet Options...on the General tab, enter

    Google
    > > as your homepage.
    > >
    > > If the homepage box is still greyed out, install and run the
    > > following:
    > >
    > > Ad-Aware
    > > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    > >
    > > Spybot S&D
    > > http://www.safer-networking.org/
    > >
    > > Spyware Blaster
    > > http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    > Just to add; if he's already running these (or similar) programs,

    > check the settings to make sure that the homepage is not 'locked' by

    one
    > of them.
    > --
    > "As you can do with Spybot S&D, for example."

    I didn't even know you could do that. Thanks.

    bb3, Nov 10, 2003
  9. Tony Bowring

    Patrick Guest

    bb3 wrote:
    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> bb3 wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Tony Bowring" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> In IE go to Tools/Internet Options...on the General tab, enter
    >>> Google as your homepage.
    >>>
    >>> If the homepage box is still greyed out, install and run the
    >>> following:
    >>>
    >>> Ad-Aware
    >>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>>
    >>> Spybot S&D
    >>> http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >>>
    >>> Spyware Blaster
    >>> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    >> Just to add; if he's already running these (or similar)
    >> programs, to check the settings to make sure that the homepage is
    >> not 'locked' by one of them.
    >> --
    >> "As you can do with Spybot S&D, for example."
    >>

    > I didn't even know you could do that. Thanks.

    The options show up after you use the 'Immunise' command
    (three tick boxes)

    Patrick, Nov 10, 2003