    such as these.

    Any help on how I can stop this is much appreciated thanks !

    Diana

    Diana, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Diana

    rifleman Guest

    In news:3efb1ca5$0$42561$,
    Diana <(H)(U)(G)(S)> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his navel and
    typed:
    > Hi all,
    > I have a very unusual problem and I am wondering if anyone can tell me
    > what the heck is happening :)
    >
    > Somehow someway there are about 4 or 5 porn things in my favorites
    > that I did not put there as I don't go to sites like that

    ;-)

    and wonder
    > how they are getting there. I delete them immediately but they keep
    > coming back. I did a virus scan on the entire computer last night and
    > no viruses were found but those porn things are back again today.
    >
    > I am the only one who uses my PC and like I said I never go to sites
    > such as these.
    >
    > Any help on how I can stop this is much appreciated thanks !
    >
    > Diana

    Try Adaware or Spybot.

    rifleman, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Diana

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:19:54 -0400, Diana wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have a very unusual problem and I am wondering if anyone can tell me
    > what the heck is happening :)
    >
    > Somehow someway there are about 4 or 5 porn things in my favorites
    > that I did not put there as I don't go to sites like that and wonder
    > how they are getting there. I delete them immediately but they keep
    > coming back. I did a virus scan on the entire computer last night and
    > no viruses were found but those porn things are back again today.
    >
    > I am the only one who uses my PC and like I said I never go to sites
    > such as these.
    >
    > Any help on how I can stop this is much appreciated thanks !

    Spybot
    http://security.kolla.de/

    AdAware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    A-spy:
    http://miika.no-ip.org/ftp/?C=M&O=A

    Other tools

    Online Scanning tools
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp

    Anti-trojan
    Trojan Defence Suite: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/
    Trojan Hunter: http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp
    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/

    Anti-virus
    http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/
    http://www.tudogs.com/virus.php
    eZ Antivirus: http://www.my-etrust.com/

    Firewall
    http://www.zonelabs.com/

    Intrusion detection
    http://www.iss.net/support/consumer/BI_downloads.php

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Diana

    Diana Guest

    I love you all ! ! Every time I come here you all are a wealth of
    information and so nice. Thanks from my heart.

    Di
    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:19:54 -0400, Diana wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have a very unusual problem and I am wondering if anyone can

    tell me
    > > what the heck is happening :)
    > >
    > > Somehow someway there are about 4 or 5 porn things in my favorites
    > > that I did not put there as I don't go to sites like that and

    wonder
    > > how they are getting there. I delete them immediately but they

    keep
    > > coming back. I did a virus scan on the entire computer last night

    and
    > > no viruses were found but those porn things are back again today.
    > >
    > > I am the only one who uses my PC and like I said I never go to

    sites
    > > such as these.
    > >
    > > Any help on how I can stop this is much appreciated thanks !

    > Spybot
    > http://security.kolla.de/
    >
    > AdAware:
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    >
    > A-spy:
    > http://miika.no-ip.org/ftp/?C=M&O=A
    >
    > Other tools
    >
    > Online Scanning tools
    > http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    > http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    >
    > Anti-trojan
    > Trojan Defence Suite: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/
    > Trojan Hunter: http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp
    > http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/
    >
    > Anti-virus
    > http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm
    > http://www.f-prot.com/download/
    > http://www.tudogs.com/virus.php
    > eZ Antivirus: http://www.my-etrust.com/
    >
    > Firewall
    > http://www.zonelabs.com/
    >
    > Intrusion detection
    > http://www.iss.net/support/consumer/BI_downloads.php
    >
    > Startup Monitor
    > http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml
    >
    > --
    > Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I

    have.

    Diana, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Try Zone alarm for free

    william.thomas33, Jun 26, 2003