    can't find the option to reset this.

    Can someone help?

    Many thanks.

    Philip SC, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Philip SC

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:48:56 +0100, Philip SC wrote:

    >I'm running Windows 98se and IE6 with all the updates, and for some reason
    >when I download a zip from the web it automatically downloads to a temp
    >folder and opens it, rather than giving me the option to save it to disk,
    >which is the option I get with other file types.

    >I'm assuming I or one of my colleagues pressed a button at some point, but I

    Most likely the one that says on the download dialog box - Always ask
    before opening this type of file.
    >can't find the option to reset this.

    You solved most of this yourself already.

    ZIP file.
    Option - Open the file / Save
    File Types.

    I don't have Win98se, however for,

    My WinNT4 - Windows Explorer / View / Options / File Types /
    Select WinZip file / Edit / tick - Confirm Open After Download.
    then the usual OK/Apply to save and exit.

    Win 2000 -
    Windows Explorer /Tools / Folder Options / File Types /
    Select WinZip file / Advanced / tick - Confirm Open After Download.
    then the usual OK/Apply to save and exit.
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Aug 7, 2003