    Sincere thanks,

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Kenneth

    Jerry G. Guest

    In any case, in IE, go to Tools, General, and under Temporary Internet
    Files, click on Settings. Check to see that infact the settings are
    allowing it to use the temporary files.

    You may have installed some other program, browser, email utility, browser
    utility, or visited a site that used some Java, or whatever, and the setting
    got changed. I have seen this on some client's computers.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Kenneth" <> wrote in message
    Howdy,

    I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.

    Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
    to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
    cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
    downloads again.

    I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.

    Might you have any suggestions?

    Sincere thanks,

    --
    Kenneth

    Jerry G., Dec 4, 2003

  3. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:34:03 -0500, "Jerry G." <>
    wrote:

    >In any case, in IE, go to Tools, General, and under Temporary Internet
    >Files, click on Settings. Check to see that infact the settings are
    >allowing it to use the temporary files.
    >
    >You may have installed some other program, browser, email utility, browser
    >utility, or visited a site that used some Java, or whatever, and the setting
    >got changed. I have seen this on some client's computers.
    >

    >--
    >
    >Greetings,
    >
    >Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    >WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    >Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
    >

    >"Kenneth" <> wrote in message
    >Howdy,
    >
    >I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.
    >
    >Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
    >to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
    >cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
    >downloads again.
    >
    >I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.
    >
    >Might you have any suggestions?
    >
    >Sincere thanks,

    Hi Jerry,

    Indeed, somehow, the "Check for changes" setting had been changed from
    "Never" to "Automatically."

    All is well now.

    Sincere thanks,

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:52:47 -0500, Kenneth
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:34:03 -0500, "Jerry G." <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In any case, in IE, go to Tools, General, and under Temporary Internet
    >>Files, click on Settings. Check to see that infact the settings are
    >>allowing it to use the temporary files.
    >>
    >>You may have installed some other program, browser, email utility, browser
    >>utility, or visited a site that used some Java, or whatever, and the setting
    >>got changed. I have seen this on some client's computers.
    >>

    >>--
    >>
    >>Greetings,
    >>
    >>Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    >>=========================================
    >>WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    >>Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
    >>=========================================
    >>

    >>"Kenneth" <> wrote in message
    >>Howdy,
    >>
    >>I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.
    >>
    >>Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
    >>to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
    >>cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
    >>downloads again.
    >>
    >>I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.
    >>
    >>Might you have any suggestions?
    >>
    >>Sincere thanks,

    >Hi Jerry,
    >
    >Indeed, somehow, the "Check for changes" setting had been changed from
    >"Never" to "Automatically."
    >
    >All is well now.
    >
    >Sincere thanks,

    Hi again,

    Well, I spoke too soon...

    The setting still shows "Never" but something is not working. When I
    return to the former page, it DLs again rather than refreshing from
    the cache.

    Might you have any other ideas about this?

    Sincere thanks,

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Dec 4, 2003