    defragged, and ran ad-ware . so far no luck. It doesn't close the window
    every time just every once and a while. I thought my wireless mouse cursor
    was jumping up when I clicked on a link but that was not the case.

    Jack, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Jack

    Jerry G. Guest

    There may be a conflict with Mozilla. Un-install Mozilla, and do the fix for
    IE. If you go to Add/Remove programs, and ask to remove IE, there should be
    a choice menu. There should be an option to fix IE. If not, it will most
    likely have to be un-installed, and re-installed to fix it.

    After fixing IE and it is working correctly, you can install Mozilla again.
    If the problem repeats, then you know for sure that there is a conflict.
    Then you will have to make the choice of either keeping one or the other.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    Lately my IE will close when I click on a link. Does anyone have any idea
    why? The only thing I did is download the mozilla browser. Ran virus scan,

    Jerry G., Aug 28, 2004

  3. Jack

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:21:11 GMT, in
    <HSSXc.73279$Fg5.65035@attbi_s53>
    Jack scrawled:

    >Lately my IE will close when I click on a link. Does anyone have any idea
    >why? The only thing I did is download the mozilla browser. Ran virus scan,
    >defragged, and ran ad-ware . so far no luck. It doesn't close the window
    >every time just every once and a while. I thought my wireless mouse cursor
    >was jumping up when I clicked on a link but that was not the case.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 28, 2004