    was a hardware failure and windows has recovered from it.Any idea what might
    be causing this? Thanks in advance :)
    OR
    Occamsrazor, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Occamsrazor

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:44:14 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Occamsrazor"
    <> wrote :

    >Ok I know one of you good people in here have an aswer to this problem cuz I
    >damn sure don't.
    >Here's the system: 333pentium w/windows xp pro 256 megs of ram
    >
    >Problem:
    >On occasion I'll get on IE and go to my favorites list on top and try to
    >selct something.The whole system freezes up and I do a cntrl-alt-del it does
    >nothing for about a minute and then it goes into safe mode telling me to
    >save whatever info I want and to re-boot. I then get a message saying there
    >was a hardware failure and windows has recovered from it.Any idea what might
    >be causing this? Thanks in advance :)
    >OR

    Clear your Event log viewer and see the XP help on how to use the
    Event log and viewer.This may give you a clue the next time it
    happens.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    Shep©, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Occamsrazor

    Occamsrazor Guest

    : <> wrote :
    :
    : >Ok I know one of you good people in here have an aswer to this problem
    cuz I
    : >damn sure don't.
    : >Here's the system: 333pentium w/windows xp pro 256 megs of ram
    : >
[...]

    May I be so bold as to ask where to find the event log folder? I'm not a
    newbie or anything but I'm not familiar with the where and how's of
    it.Thanks again.

    :
    :
    : --
    : Free Windows/PC help,
    : http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
    : It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    : Free songs download,
    : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/nomessiahsmusic.htm
    Occamsrazor, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Occamsrazor

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:02:27 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    <> wrote :

    >"Shep©" <> wrote in message
    >: On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:44:14 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    >: invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Occamsrazor"
    >: <> wrote :
    >:
    >: >Ok I know one of you good people in here have an aswer to this problem
    >cuz I
    >: >damn sure don't.
    >: >Here's the system: 333pentium w/windows xp pro 256 megs of ram
    >: >
    >: >Problem:
    >: >On occasion I'll get on IE and go to my favorites list on top and try to
    >: >selct something.The whole system freezes up and I do a cntrl-alt-del it
    >does
    >: >nothing for about a minute and then it goes into safe mode telling me to
    >: >save whatever info I want and to re-boot. I then get a message saying
    >there
    >: >was a hardware failure and windows has recovered from it.Any idea what
    >might
    >: >be causing this? Thanks in advance :)
    >: >OR
    >: >
    >:
    >: Clear your Event log viewer and see the XP help on how to use the
    >: Event log and viewer.This may give you a clue the next time it
    >: happens.
    >: HTH :)
    >:
    >
    >May I be so bold as to ask where to find the event log folder? I'm not a
    >newbie or anything but I'm not familiar with the where and how's of
    >it.Thanks again.

    Control Panel/Adminitrive Tools.
    Also,

    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Oct 19, 2003
  5. Occamsrazor

    mark mandel Guest

    "Occamsrazor" <> wrote in message
    > Ok I know one of you good people in here have an aswer to this problem cuz

    > damn sure don't.
    > Here's the system: 333pentium w/windows xp pro 256 megs of ram
    >
    > Problem:
    > On occasion I'll get on IE and go to my favorites list on top and try to
    > selct something.The whole system freezes up and I do a cntrl-alt-del it

    does
    > nothing for about a minute and then it goes into safe mode telling me to
    > save whatever info I want and to re-boot. I then get a message saying

    there
    > was a hardware failure and windows has recovered from it.Any idea what

    might
    > be causing this? Thanks in advance :)
    > OR

    My first thought is an overheated CPU all the moreso cuz it says "hardware
    failure". If you can, access the BIOS and check the CPU's temperature.
    Anything above 60 centigrade is NOT good.

    Mark Mandell
    mark mandel, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Occamsrazor

    Occamsrazor Guest

    "mark mandel" <> wrote in message
    :
[...]

    That could be it because my cooling fan has been noisy as of late and I had
    replaced it once before.The noise is intermittant.
    Occamsrazor, Oct 19, 2003