    FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.

    This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
    lost.

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:10:39 +0100, "Arnold Schwarz 'E'
    negger" <> spake thusly:

    >As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    >seconds.
    >
    >FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    >This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
    >lost.

    Dude, if you have time to figure that out, you have
    too much time on your hands. :)

    --

    Pastor Dave

    Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

    Pastor Dave, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Kouros Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > seconds.
    >
    > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
    > lost.

    Good for IE.

    How many tabs does it use again?

    And that's just as relevant.

    Kouros, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:

    > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > seconds.
    >
    > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
    > lost.

    Can you provide an example search? I'm not sure I've ever had Google
    take 17 seconds to return a results page, let alone 34. Also, are you
    on dialup or broadband? And what else is your computer doing when you
    initiate the search?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    SteveG Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > seconds.
    >
    > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
    > lost.

    I guess that depends on how many times you waste time making stupid
    searches, doesn't it?

    And look at that difference. In 10 searches you've saved a whole 1.7
    seconds so you need to make 353 searches to save yourself a whole minute
    ...... how do we live without IE? (That's a rhetorical question BTW)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Jul 20, 2005
  6. On 2005-07-20, Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger <> wrote:

    > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > seconds.
    >
    > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
    > lost.

    Why? How many times do you need to search for "Internet" on google?

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    >
    >> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    >> seconds.
    >>
    >> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >>
    >> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many
    >> minutes
    >> lost.
    >>

    > Can you provide an example search? I'm not sure I've ever had Google
    > take 17 seconds to return a results page, let alone 34. Also, are you
    > on dialup or broadband? And what else is your computer doing when you
    > initiate the search?

    OMG!!! I missed seeing the decimal points! Sheesh, you're complaining
    about THAT?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

    Ed Mullen, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Simian Dyson Guest

    "Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger" <> wrote in message
    > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > seconds.
    >
    > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

    minutes
    > lost.

    Yeah, that extra .17 second really makes up for IE being a complete piece of
    crap as a browser. Usability is far more important to most of us than your
    niggling statistics.

    Simian Dyson, Jul 21, 2005
  9. "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    >
    > > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > > seconds.
    > >
    > > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    > >
    > > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

    minutes
    > > lost.
    > >

    > Can you provide an example search? I'm not sure I've ever had Google
    > take 17 seconds to return a results page, let alone 34. Also, are you
    > on dialup or broadband? And what else is your computer doing when you
    > initiate the search?

    As I thought, it could only takes a blind man to download and use Mozilla
    Firefox, slow, unstable but perfect for IE haters.

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 21, 2005
  10. "SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder" <"dot> wrote in message
    > Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > > seconds.
    > >
    > > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    > >
    > > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

    minutes
    > > lost.
    > >

    > I guess that depends on how many times you waste time making stupid
    > searches, doesn't it?
    >
    > And look at that difference. In 10 searches you've saved a whole 1.7
    > seconds so you need to make 353 searches to save yourself a whole minute
    > ..... how do we live without IE? (That's a rhetorical question BTW)
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Steve G

    Also I lose many minutes at a time when FF refuses to work.

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 21, 2005
  11. "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    > On 2005-07-20, Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger <> wrote:
    >
    > > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > > seconds.
    > >
    > > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    > >
    > > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

    minutes
    > > lost.

    > Why? How many times do you need to search for "Internet" on google?
    >
    > --
    >
    > -John ()

    To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 21, 2005
  12. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    wayne Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:10:39 +0100, Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:

    > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    > seconds.
    >
    > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >
    > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many
    > minutes lost.

    Try again, but add a step. Click on any of the links on the first page.
    FF prefetches the links, so it actually takes much less time to get were
    your going. I think this can be disabled, if you need to save .17 seconds.

    -- Wayne.

    wayne, Jul 21, 2005
  13. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:

    > "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 2005-07-20, Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    >>>seconds.
    >>>
    >>>FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >>>
    >>>This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

    > minutes
    >
    >>>lost.

    >>Why? How many times do you need to search for "Internet" on google?
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>-John ()

    > To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.

    Well, at least now we know the real reason behind your original post.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    Nothing says poor craftsmanship more than wrinkled duct tape.

    Ed Mullen, Jul 21, 2005
  14. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    KeithS Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:

    > To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.

    Fine, if you don't like using it, don't. No-one's pointing a gun at your
    head.
    I see no reason for you to infest Mozilla news-groups, unless, of
    course, you're just trolling?

    KeithS, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Old Gringo Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 2005-07-20, Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
    >>>seconds.
    >>>
    >>>FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
    >>>
    >>>This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

    > minutes
    >
    >>>lost.

    >>Why? How many times do you need to search for "Internet" on google?
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>-John ()

    > To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.

    FireFox is an open source browser and with any ability at all you can
    customize it to do what ever you want. Unlimited possibilities with
    the right person behind the keyboard. Therefore FireFox is a big
    pile of horse shit on your computer only.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jul 21, 2005
  16. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    SteveG Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > "SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder" <"dot> wrote in message

    snip

    >>I guess that depends on how many times you waste time making stupid
    >>searches, doesn't it?
    >>
    >>And look at that difference. In 10 searches you've saved a whole 1.7
    >>seconds so you need to make 353 searches to save yourself a whole minute
    >>..... how do we live without IE? (That's a rhetorical question BTW)
    >>
    >>--
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Steve G

    > Also I lose many minutes at a time when FF refuses to work.

    Ah, but you didn't mention that before. You don't work for Tony Blair by
    any chance do you? He's always moving the goalposts.

    Look, if you don't like FF, or it doesn't meet your expectations, then
    don't use it. Just go away and leave the rest of us in peace.

    If your time is so precious that you can't bear to wait 170ms extra for
    a search to resolve then why are you wasting several minutes posting
    meaningless drivel on this NG?

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Jul 21, 2005
  17. "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    >
    > > "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message

    > > minutes

    > >>Why? How many times do you need to search for "Internet" on google?
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>
    > >>-John ()

    > > To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.
    > >

    > Well, at least now we know the real reason behind your original post.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen
    > http://edmullen.net
    > http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    > Nothing says poor craftsmanship more than wrinkled duct tape.

    I see that you are such a big fan of Mozilla you have made a rather
    shockingly poor website about the tripe that is Mozilla. You think im sad
    for posting an opinion, sheeesh!

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 21, 2005
  18. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Stubby Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:

    > To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.

    Just why should we listen to your opinion?

    Stubby, Jul 21, 2005
  19. "Stubby" <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message

    > Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > >
    > > To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.
    > >

    > Just why should we listen to your opinion?

    You must be, im getting replies!

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 21, 2005
  20. Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    >>

    >>>"John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message

    >>>minutes

    >>>To prove the point FF is a big pile of horse shit.
    >>>

    >>Well, at least now we know the real reason behind your original post.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ed Mullen
    >>http://edmullen.net
    >>http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    >>Nothing says poor craftsmanship more than wrinkled duct tape.

    > I see that you are such a big fan of Mozilla you have made a rather
    > shockingly poor website about the tripe that is Mozilla. You think im sad
    > for posting an opinion, sheeesh!

    Boy, I guess he told me! I'd better run to the bathroom and open up a
    couple of veins.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    I used to be schizophrenic, but we're all right now.

    Ed Mullen, Jul 21, 2005