    switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'

    Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Ian Phillips rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Running XP pro IE6 etc. Connected to broadband via ADSL router. I can
    > send and recieve mail but not browse the web. Network is working and I
    > can access server in D-Link router. Another pc on the same router is
    > fine.
    >
    > I have compared settings between machines and see no differences, I have
    > also set all IP addresses to automatic etc.
    >
    > IE was working as an internet sharing client, but required both PCs to
    > be switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated
    >
    > Ian Phillips

    check your hosts file

    Black Baptist, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Ian Phillips

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ian Phillips" <> wrote in

    > Running XP pro IE6 etc. Connected to broadband via ADSL router. I can
    > send and recieve mail but not browse the web. Network is working and I
    > can access server in D-Link router. Another pc on the same router is
    > fine.
    >
    > I have compared settings between machines and see no differences, I
    > have also set all IP addresses to automatic etc.
    >
    > IE was working as an internet sharing client, but required both PCs to
    > be switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated
    >
    > Ian Phillips

    Usually in the case above, there could be problems with the router's
    firmware with the device out of the box. The solution may be to re-flash
    the router with the version of the firmware the router is using or a later
    version of the firmware and that may fix the problem when one machine can
    access sites behind the router while another machine cannot do it but has
    limited Internet access such as email is ok but Web browsing is not ok.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Ian Phillips

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Going Crazy--Can't get Diagnosed

    Duane Arnold, <>, whose name means "will give anyone a dose
    of the clap; crap in bed but thinks he is a stud; likes to call his penis
    his 'water pistol'", goaded:

    Duane Arnold, Aug 25, 2005
  5. Ian Phillips

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: You stinking *HO*!

    <You got nothing better to do in your below *worthless* stinking life K-
    Girl?>

    <EOR>

    <g>

    Duane Arnold, Aug 25, 2005
  6. Ian Phillips wrote:

    > Running XP pro IE6 etc. Connected to broadband via ADSL router. I can send
    > and recieve mail but not browse the web. Network is working and I can
    > access server in D-Link router. Another pc on the same router is fine.
    >
    > I have compared settings between machines and see no differences, I have
    > also set all IP addresses to automatic etc.
    >
    > IE was working as an internet sharing client, but required both PCs to be
    > switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'

    The "Connecting to site 1.0.0.0" which you only wrote into the subject line,
    makes me think your proxy or proxy-autoconf settings in IE are wrong.
    You may try to change that.
    Btw. - firefox or mozilla same prob?
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Aug 25, 2005