    switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'

    Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Ian Phillips

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 22:43:43 +0100, "Ian Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Running XP pro IE6 etc. Connected to broadband via ADSL router. I can send
    >and recieve mail but not browse the web. Network is working and I can access
    >server in D-Link router. Another pc on the same router is fine.
    >
    >I have compared settings between machines and see no differences, I have
    >also set all IP addresses to automatic etc.
    >
    >IE was working as an internet sharing client, but required both PCs to be
    >switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'
    >
    >Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, uncheck use a
    proxy server.

    Evan Platt, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Ian Phillips wrote:
    > Running XP pro IE6 etc. Connected to broadband via ADSL router. I can send
    > and recieve mail but not browse the web. Network is working and I can access
    > server in D-Link router. Another pc on the same router is fine.

    > I have compared settings between machines and see no differences, I have
    > also set all IP addresses to automatic etc.

    > IE was working as an internet sharing client, but required both PCs to be
    > switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'

    > Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Sure: this isn't chat so you don't need to post the same message again
    if you don't see a response in five minutes.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips Guest

    I posted message twice because when I went to read my own posted message it
    said 'this message is no longer available on this server'

    Ian

    Ian Phillips, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Ian Phillips wrote:

    > I posted message twice because when I went to read my own posted message it
    > said 'this message is no longer available on this server'

    You probably looked too soon -- I used a server once that took about 15
    minutes to make a post made directly to it available. That's one
    reason I ditched that feed.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips Guest

    Blinky

    To clarify...

    The message appeared (otherwise I would not have been able to read it) but
    when I looked a few minutes later (just to see if anyone had replied) my
    post was greyed and when I clicked it gave the 'no longer available'
    message.

    Evan

    Regarding the inability to access the web, The proxy server box was already
    cleared.

    Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips, Aug 5, 2005