    in the taskbar.
    How do I correct this ?

    JJ
    JJ, Feb 5, 2004

  2. JJ

    Boomer Guest

    (JJ) wrote in
    news::

    > Each web site visited produces a little box in the taskbar. Usually
    > that box goes away when I go to another site. The boxes are piling up
    > in the taskbar.
    > How do I correct this ?
    >
    > JJ

    You say they go away, then say they are piling up.

    ------> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    What site do you go to?

    Do you use these?

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip
    http://www.merijn.org/htlogtutorial.html

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004

  3. JJ

    Patrick Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > Each web site visited produces a little box in the taskbar. Usually
    > that box goes away when I go to another site. The boxes are piling up
    > in the taskbar.
    > How do I correct this ?
    >
    > JJ

    Try this from within IE;
    'Tools' menu, 'Internet Options', 'Advanced' tab, click 'Restore Defaults'
    button, Reboot the computer.
    Patrick, Feb 5, 2004
  4. JJ

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > JJ wrote:
    >> Each web site visited produces a little box in the taskbar. Usually
    >> that box goes away when I go to another site. The boxes are piling up
    >> in the taskbar.
    >> How do I correct this ?
    >>
    >> JJ

    > Try this from within IE;
    > 'Tools' menu, 'Internet Options', 'Advanced' tab, click 'Restore
    > Defaults' button, Reboot the computer.

    Sorry missed out bits, try;
    'Tools' menu, 'Internet Options', 'Advanced' tab, click 'Restore Defaults'
    button, click 'Apply', click 'OK', maybe need to Reboot the computer.
    Patrick, Feb 5, 2004
  5. JJ

    Paul Guest

    JJ wrote:

    > Each web site visited produces a little box in the taskbar. Usually
    > that box goes away when I go to another site. The boxes are piling up
    > in the taskbar.

    Yep, Internet Explorer'll do that.

    > How do I correct this ?

    Use Firebird instead: http://texturizer.net/firebird/

    :)
    Paul, Feb 5, 2004
  6. JJ

    Paul Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    >> Each web site visited produces a little box in the taskbar. Usually
    >> that box goes away when I go to another site. The boxes are piling up
    >> in the taskbar.
    >> How do I correct this ?

    > I can't anser that question so find another newsgroup and **** off.

    Is that really Boomer? Doesn't seem like something she'd say...
    Paul, Feb 5, 2004
  7. JJ

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  8. JJ

    Boomer Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>> Each web site visited produces a little box in the taskbar. Usually
    >>> that box goes away when I go to another site. The boxes are piling
    >>> up in the taskbar.
    >>> How do I correct this ?

    >> I can't anser that question so find another newsgroup and **** off.

    > Is that really Boomer? Doesn't seem like something she'd say...

    Yes, it is. I'm just not beating about the bush today and saying things
    directly instead of indirectly.
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004