    down all the windows that popup.

    Much appreciated,

    Pierre
    Pierre, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Pierre

    Twisted Guest

    On Monday 01 September 2003 07:03 am Pierre spaketh thusly unto the
    masses gathered in alt.computer.security:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use
    > the
    > Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to
    > close down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    Try Mozilla instead of OE. It has a built in popup blocker.

    --
    Twisted
    Registered Linux user # 323911. http://counter.li.org
    Twisted, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Pierre

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Pierre

    mto Guest

    "Pierre" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use the
    > Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to close
    > down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    Personally I much appreciate the total ad blocking features of Zone Alarm
    Pro - 30 day trial, http://www.zonelabs.com

    Also, get AdAware (free version) and Spybot Search & Destroy - Frode gave
    you the URLs for those. Both free. Don't forget to immediately update both
    of them and use the Immunize function in Spybot.
    mto, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Pierre

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    "Pierre" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use the
    > Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to close
    > down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    http://toolbar.google.com/

    It's the r0x0r :)

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.
    Lord Shaolin, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Pierre

    Mimic Guest

    "Pierre" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use the
    > Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to close
    > down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    You also could add the common sites (qksrv.com ?) to a block list

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    Mimic, Sep 2, 2003
  7. Pierre

    PJ. Scott Guest

    http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/Support.htm

    "Frode" <> wrote in message

    PJ. Scott, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Pierre

    YoKenny Guest

    Pierre wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use
    > the Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying
    > to close down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    Blocking Unwanted Ads with a Hosts File
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    Has the advantage of speeding up your Internet connection because the popups
    are not even requested.
    YoKenny, Sep 2, 2003
  9. Pierre

    siljaline Guest

    "Pierre" <> wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use the
    > Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to close
    > down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    Use HOSTS to block unwanted ads and malicious sites from loading.
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    A plain vanilla popup stopper blocks, plain vanilla popups.
    http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html
    AdShield as part of your protection.
    http://ftp.ural.ru/home/index/windows/networking/utils/AdShield
    Use this block list http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/block.zip

    If you fear a popup has installed Spyware via a drive-by Browser Helper
    Object install - you need serious action.

    As follows,
    Spyware Removal Tools, Lavasoft's "Ad-aware",
    Direct download -
    http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/privacy___security/aaw6181.exe

    Lavasoft/Ad-aware home: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Mirror site: http://www.lavasoft.de/

    *Also* install and run SpyBot Search & Destroy,
    Direct download -
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/files/spybotsd_mainapp.exe

    SpyBot home: http://security.kolla.de/
    SpyBot How-To: http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/
    More detailed help: http://tomcoyote.org/~mosaic1/spybot/
    Support Forum, http://net-integration.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi
    Navigate to the SpyBot S&D section.

    Install, reboot, read FAQ and overview, use online
    update feature to obtain the latest reference files,
    scan for Spyware much like you would with your
    pre-installed anti-virus scanner.
    Rid your machine of unwanted Spyware pests.

    Actions you can take from further events happening
    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware.
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    HTH

    --

    siljaline

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    siljaline, Sep 2, 2003
  10. Pierre

    David Norris Guest

    "Pierre" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use the
    > Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to close
    > down all the windows that popup.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Pierre

    If you use NEtscape Navigator, it has a built in means to suppress popups.
    And it's free...
    David Norris, Sep 4, 2003