IE-Spyad and MVPS Hosts file causing problems? Too much?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by laurie0284@fidgety.org, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Ever since I loaded IE-Spyad (in addition to the MVPS HOSTS files I've been
    updating for several months, I've noticed that I start losing the ability
    to right click on my mouse when running several apps at once. It could
    also be several IE windows open at the same time, too. Even a left click
    to open a program stops working and a ctrl-alt-delete brings up a blank
    task manager.

    I've also noticed that the start menu starts acting strange (missing
    options) and then the system locks up.

    As an aside, I thought I would mention that my task manager reflects
    instances of IE running after I've closed the window (using 0 CPU).
    A netstat -an command and TCPview indicate that the ports have been closed
    for those IE processes.

    When I close a window or two, the ability to right click returns. I've
    run Ad-Aware, my AV program and Super-Anti-spyware and the system seems
    clean. I'm going to do a Spybot check soon.

    Suggestions?
    , Sep 12, 2006