    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT
    www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk
    IAN GARDNER, Sep 12, 2004

  2. IAN GARDNER

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Is your monitor new or old?

    If new take it back to the shop and exercise your guarantee.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Sep 12, 2004

  3. IAN GARDNER

    DH Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
    > offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page bit,
    > the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
    >
    > Is it my mouse or other?
    >
    > --
    > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    It's probably your mouse. More specifically the scroll wheel on the mouse.

    Dave H.
    DH, Sep 12, 2004
  4. IAN GARDNER

    Thor Guest

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
    > offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page bit,
    > the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
    >
    > Is it my mouse or other?

    bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.
    Thor, Sep 12, 2004
  5. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
    >> offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page
    >> bit,
    >> the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
    >>
    >> Is it my mouse or other?

    > bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

    Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first free
    mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are in the bin
    now.
    I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a mouse
    mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

    IAN GARDNER, Sep 14, 2004
  6. IAN GARDNER

    anna keynow Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:43 +0100, "IAN GARDNER"
    <> wrote:

    >"Thor" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    >>> Dear all,
    >>>
    >>> I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
    >>> offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page
    >>> bit,
    >>> the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
    >>>
    >>> Is it my mouse or other?

    >> bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

    >Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first free
    >mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are in the bin
    >now.
    > I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a mouse
    >mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

    You think they're good? (They are.) Wait until you see the new laser
    mouse. A gamer's dream.
    -+Anna+-
    anna keynow, Sep 16, 2004
  7. IAN GARDNER

    Justin Guest

    anna keynow <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:43 +0100, "IAN GARDNER"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Thor" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message

    >>> bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

    >>Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first
    >>free mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are
    >>in the bin now.
    >> I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a
    >> mouse
    >>mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

    > You think they're good? (They are.) Wait until you see the new laser
    > mouse. A gamer's dream.
    > -+Anna+-

    At work, we have $1300 IBM Intellistation P4's with 512MB RAM but we have
    generic, terrible $5 mechanical mice (with the ball and rollers), no scroll
    wheel. Yucky. I asked for a Logitech scroll wheel optical mouse. But was
    told no -- can't afford it. I pointed out that the pretty basic
    application we use in our business (property management customer service
    proprietory software) only requires a 300mhz chip to run, so they should
    have let us keep the AMD 450mhz machines we HAD and just get everyone
    better peripherals: a flat screen LCD thin panel monitor, a Logitech
    optical mouse, and a Logitech keyboard.

    Justin, Sep 16, 2004
  8. IAN GARDNER

    anna keynow Guest

    On 16 Sep 2004 10:48:33 -0500, Justin <justin1138@REMOVEnet> wrote:

    >anna keynow <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:43 +0100, "IAN GARDNER"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Thor" <> wrote in message

    >>>Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first
    >>>free mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are
    >>>in the bin now.
    >>> I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a
    >>> mouse
    >>>mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

    >> You think they're good? (They are.) Wait until you see the new laser
    >> mouse. A gamer's dream.
    >> -+Anna+-
    >>

    >At work, we have $1300 IBM Intellistation P4's with 512MB RAM but we have
    >generic, terrible $5 mechanical mice (with the ball and rollers), no scroll
    >wheel. Yucky. I asked for a Logitech scroll wheel optical mouse. But was
    >told no -- can't afford it. I pointed out that the pretty basic
    >application we use in our business (property management customer service
    >proprietory software) only requires a 300mhz chip to run, so they should
    >have let us keep the AMD 450mhz machines we HAD and just get everyone
    >better peripherals: a flat screen LCD thin panel monitor, a Logitech
    >optical mouse, and a Logitech keyboard.

    That's just crazy, isn't it? I mean, spending big bucks on flash
    equipment but, the things that are most important to your experience,
    the monitors, keyboard and in this case, the mouse, are treated as if
    they're unneccesary.
    It doesn't matter what sort of kick-arse box one has, if you've got a
    shitty mouse and keyboard, all the whizz-bang will pale into
    insignificance.
    Like giving someone a ferrari and cutting costs by leaving out the
    power steering.
    -+Anna+-
    anna keynow, Sep 17, 2004