    run normally while still blocking unsafe content in Internet Explorer? Is
    this even possible? If not how do I temporarily disable this security
    option?

    *****General, Jan 14, 2005

  2. *****General

    Sky King Guest

    *****General wrote:
    > I am running a program that I have used before with no problems at
    > all and now I am getting an error that says "An error has occurred in
    > the script of this page". I have located the problem to be the fact
    > that I am blocking Active-X scripts. How do I make this application
    > use Active-X scripts and run normally while still blocking unsafe
    > content in Internet Explorer? Is this even possible? If not how do I
    > temporarily disable this security option?

    Possible solution is to put that website into your Trusted Sites list. IE
    Tools/Internet Options/Security; click Trusted Sites then the Sites...
    button; add the one you want to bypass the normal security features.

    Since you state that it used to work and now doesn't, it would help to know
    what you have changed on your computer since the last time it worked. For
    example, have you updated your antivirus software to a new version? Or
    installed another program that is designed to assist with your computer
    security?

    --

    ....Sky

    Tom "Sky" King
    =============

    Sky King, Jan 14, 2005

  3. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "Sky King" <> wrote in message
    > *****General wrote:
    >> I am running a program that I have used before with no problems at
    >> all and now I am getting an error that says "An error has occurred in
    >> the script of this page". I have located the problem to be the fact
    >> that I am blocking Active-X scripts. How do I make this application
    >> use Active-X scripts and run normally while still blocking unsafe
    >> content in Internet Explorer? Is this even possible? If not how do I
    >> temporarily disable this security option?

    > Possible solution is to put that website into your Trusted Sites list. IE
    > Tools/Internet Options/Security; click Trusted Sites then the Sites...
    > button; add the one you want to bypass the normal security features.

    It is not a website, it is an application. I didn't even know it uses IE
    until I started seeing the message.

    > Since you state that it used to work and now doesn't, it would help to
    > know what you have changed on your computer since the last time it worked.
    > For example, have you updated your antivirus software to a new version?
    > Or installed another program that is designed to assist with your computer
    > security?

    A hell of a lot has changed since I used the program last, most notably a
    new computer with Windows 2003 Server instead of Windows ME.

    *****General, Jan 14, 2005
  4. *****General

    Sky King Guest

    *****General wrote:

    > It is not a website, it is an application. I didn't even know it uses
    > IE until I started seeing the message.

    > A hell of a lot has changed since I used the program last, most
    > notably a new computer with Windows 2003 Server instead of Windows ME.

    Set your IE security for ActiveX controls to Prompt instead of Disable. You
    should probably also read
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324036

    --

    ....Sky

    Tom "Sky" King
    =============

    Sky King, Jan 15, 2005
  5. *****General

    WormWood Guest

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in message
    >I am running a program that I have used before with no problems at all
    >and now I am getting an error that says "An error has occurred in the
    >script of this page". I have located the problem to be the fact that I
    >am blocking Active-X scripts. How do I make this application use
    >Active-X scripts and run normally while still blocking unsafe content
    >in Internet Explorer? Is this even possible? If not how do I
    >temporarily disable this security option?

    Try this: In IE, Tools / Internet Options / Advanced. Place a check mark
    in "Disable script debugging" (there may be two of these. Check both.)
    Leave "Display a notification about every script error" unchecked.

    WormWood, Jan 15, 2005
  6. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    > "*****General" <*****> wrote in message
    >>I am running a program that I have used before with no problems at all and
    >>now I am getting an error that says "An error has occurred in the script
    >>of this page". I have located the problem to be the fact that I am
    >>blocking Active-X scripts. How do I make this application use Active-X
    >>scripts and run normally while still blocking unsafe content in Internet
    >>Explorer? Is this even possible? If not how do I temporarily disable this
    >>security option?
    >>

    > Try this: In IE, Tools / Internet Options / Advanced. Place a check mark
    > in "Disable script debugging" (there may be two of these. Check both.)
    > Leave "Display a notification about every script error" unchecked.

    I tried this but am still not able to resolve the problem. I have also tried
    setting all options uder my Security settings to Enable but still no joy. I
    read the knowledge base articles too but couldn't make head or tail out of
    them and the solutions they suggest don't seem to be addressing my problem.
    Help?

    *****General, Jan 16, 2005
  7. i havesame prob. cannot print received e mail due to script error noone can
    fix it, can it be security?

    ALEXANDER CLARK, Jan 16, 2005
  8. *****General

    DC Guest

    ALEXANDER CLARK wrote:
    > i havesame prob. cannot print received e mail due to script error noone can
    > fix it, can it be security?

    [...]

    Then, call noone.

    --