    have it reload upon going back or forward?

    Thanks,
    p.

    Paul B, May 2, 2008

  2. Paul B wrote:

    > Every time I simply hit the Back button, IE7 reloads the page.

    Go to the options and turn that off.

    (Sorry, IE not available here for me to give you specific mouse clicks.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 2, 2008

  3. Paul B

    Guest

    Paul B <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Every time I simply hit the Back button, IE7 reloads the page.
    >There are two problems with this.
    >
    >First, it is very slow.

    I swear, and prove me wrong but a browser cache does nothing.

    I refer to IE and opera.

    I can watch the same video twice and have to sit the same amount of
    time for it to load both times.
    --

    http://revver.com/video/487010/craziest-night-nerds/

    , May 2, 2008
  4. Paul B

    Paul B Guest

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 21:12:41 -0700,
    wrote:

    > Paul B <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Every time I simply hit the Back button, IE7 reloads the page.
    >>There are two problems with this.
    >>
    >>First, it is very slow.

    > I swear, and prove me wrong but a browser cache does nothing.
    >
    > I refer to IE and opera.
    >
    > I can watch the same video twice and have to sit the same amount of
    > time for it to load both times.

    Funny you bring up opera. Much as I enjoy FF, it's one glaring
    feature is that it recomposes the page upon historical nav. I
    don't believe it's a full reload, but there is some server
    action. Opera, otoh, often is almost instantaneous in its
    historical nav. that's the main reason I keep both ff and opera
    open - those sites that i navigate through a lot I keep open in
    opera, to save frustrating dead time. The downside is that opera
    uses a bit more memory to memorize the page, but it's well worth
    it.

    But of all of them, IE is the worst at undesirable reloading, and
    painfully slow at it. I hope there's a setting to alleviate this
    prob.

    p.

    Paul B, May 2, 2008
  5. Paul B

    chuckcar Guest

    Paul B <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > Every time I simply hit the Back button, IE7 reloads the page.
    > There are two problems with this.
    >
    > First, it is very slow.
    >
    > Second, very often the page had dynamic content which cannot be
    > reloaded. The operation errors out and I'm left with a blank
    > page.
    >
    > I don't think it always behaved this way. Is there any way not to
    > have it reload upon going back or forward?

    You have to click back in groups of two at a time. The first for the
    page it came from - which then takes you to where you end up
    automatically and then for the page which got you to the point at which
    it loaded. It's entirely possible to have to do 6 backs in a row.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 2, 2008
  6. Paul B

    Plato Guest

    Paul B wrote:

    > Every time I simply hit the Back button, IE7 reloads the page.
    > There are two problems with this.

    Use Firefox.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/