IE problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hooter, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Hooter

    Hooter Guest

    The page cannot be displayed
    when clicking on some url links on a certain web page
    the page will not open, right click and open in new window
    I get the 'The page cannot be displayed' error. I then fired up the laptop
    and went to the same web site and did not have a problem. Could there
    be something wrong with my desktop settings on IE. I am running winxp
    and IE version 6.
    reply's to previous
    1.Get into the habit of emptying your temporary internet files
    on a regular basis - including offline content.
    2.Or deleting the cookies after you go into Windows explorer followed by a
    rebooting.
    Have done all house keeping etc... but still unable to view some pages. Also
    found IE says detecting proxy settings while looking for web site and fails
    to display some gif' images I have created on my web site, again OK on
    laptop.

    Laptop displays a banner add which pops up when linking to site, desktop
    fails to show this. I am sure there is something wrong with my desktop IE.

    Please help

    Hooter, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Hooter

    Boomer Guest

    Hooter said:

    > The page cannot be displayed
    > when clicking on some url links on a certain web page
    > the page will not open, right click and open in new window
    > I get the 'The page cannot be displayed' error. I then fired up
    > the laptop and went to the same web site and did not have a
    > problem. Could there be something wrong with my desktop settings
    > on IE. I am running winxp and IE version 6.
    > --------- --
    > reply's to previous
    > 1.Get into the habit of emptying your temporary internet files
    > on a regular basis - including offline content.
    > 2.Or deleting the cookies after you go into Windows explorer
    > followed by a rebooting.
    > --------- --
    > Have done all house keeping etc... but still unable to view some
    > pages. Also found IE says detecting proxy settings while looking
    > for web site and fails to display some gif' images I have created
    > on my web site, again OK on laptop.
    >
    > Laptop displays a banner add which pops up when linking to site,
    > desktop fails to show this. I am sure there is something wrong
    > with my desktop IE.
    >
    > Please help

    Hi

    You had three replies.