IE problem: warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to...

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. My Internet seems to be having a problem. Now and then the internet would
    suddenly cut off. Sites like google.com and microsoft.com will display the IE
    error message (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage)

    When I diagnose Connection Problems, Only last HTTP diagnostic displayed
    errors in the log file.

    Here is the Network Diagnostics log file:

    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

    info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
    info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
    info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.

    DNS Client Diagnostic
    DNS - Not a home user scenario

    info Using Web Proxy: no
    info Resolving name ok for (www.microsoft.com): yes
    No DNS servers

    DNS failure

    Gateway Diagnostic
    Gateway

    info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE: Automatically
    Detect Settings:Enabled Automatic Configuration Script: Proxy Server: Proxy
    Bypass list:
    info Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration
    mechanism
    info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 192.168.1.1
    info This computer has the following IP address(es): 192.168.1.100
    info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
    info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
    info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
    info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in 1 try(ies)
    warn Hostname www.microsoft.com could not be resolved (Error code 0x2afc).
    Could be either gateway or DNS issue
    action Automated repair: Renew IP address
    action Releasing the current IP address...
    action Successfully released the current IP address
    action Renewing the IP address...
    action Successfully renewed the current IP address
    info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 192.168.1.1
    info This computer has the following IP address(es): 192.168.1.100
    info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
    info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
    info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
    info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in 1 try(ies)
    info TCP port 80 on host 207.46.225.60 was successfully reached
    info The Internet host www.microsoft.com was successfully reached
    info The default gateway is OK

    IP Layer Diagnostic
    Corrupted IP routing table

    info The default route is valid
    info The loopback route is valid
    info The local host route is valid
    info The local subnet route is valid
    Invalid ARP cache entries

    action The ARP cache has been flushed

    IP Configuration Diagnostic
    Invalid IP address

    info Valid IP address detected: 192.168.1.100

    Wireless Diagnostic
    Wireless - Service disabled

    Wireless - User SSID

    action User input required: Specify network name or SSID
    Wireless - First time setup

    info The Wireless Network name (SSID) to which the user would like to
    connect = linksys_SES_47675.
    Wireless - Radio off

    info Valid IP address detected: 192.168.1.100
    Wireless - Out of range

    Wireless - Hardware issue

    Wireless - Novice user

    Wireless - Ad-hoc network

    Wireless - Less preferred

    Wireless - 802.1x enabled

    Wireless - Configuration mismatch

    Wireless - Low SNR

    WinSock Diagnostic
    WinSock status

    info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
    info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
    info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication
    test.
    info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication
    test.
    info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback
    communication test.
    info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback
    communication test.
    info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers.

    Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

    info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

    info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection 2, Device=Broadcom
    802.11b/g WLAN, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
    info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Intel(R) PRO/100
    VE Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter,
    MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for
    selection
    action User input required: Select network connection
    info Wireless connection selected
    Network adapter status

    info Network connection status: Connected

    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

    Someone pls help as even firefox is having the same problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=, Feb 15, 2007

  2. Hi
    I assume that your computer is connected Wirelessly to a Wireless Router.
    Your problem is Not IE or your Internet. It seems that your Wireless is Not
    configured correctly.
    Look at the Wireless section of the Diagnostic.
    You should read carefully the manual of your specific Hardware and check the
    configuration.
    In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 15, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    evan Guest

    same problem

    I have exactly the same problem - but do not have wireless. My system has been working fine for the past 2 years and now all of a sudden - am losing connection almost constantly. have run anti virus, spy ware, diagnostics, opened up a specified port - all to no avail

    help

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    evan, Mar 13, 2007
  4. same problem

    I am not useing wireless also and get the same problem.
    HTTP: Error 12007 The server name cannot be resolved
    Some times I have to restart my PC to get on the internet. I also get error
    message about my router needing to be unpluged, I have unpluged it, and no
    help at all, insted I restart my pc and it works agen.

    =?Utf-8?B?amhvbiBkb2U=?=, May 28, 2007
  5. Re: same problem

    I've now contacted my ISP and they haven't been able to find any problem. I
    get the impression that everyone is having this problem, and no one can fix
    it. What do we do?

    Janipastor via WindowsKB.com, May 29, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    jacobkarathra

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    I have a same problem In my computer

    Hi,
    i have same problem on my pc i have a domain Condroller in my Net work as well as gate way also
    so i given domain DNS as well as Isp Dns in My Pc but its not browsing internet .. if i given only Isp DNS also its not browsing internet the gate way i given for Internet router Ip when i am trying to get connection check its giving error :-
    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.
    Our Domain is windows 2003 based, so pleas egive me a good advice for this problem....ok thanks in advance.........
    by
    Jacob karathra

    jacobkarathra, Sep 10, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    dwgelle

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I am having the same problems on my wireless connection on my laptop,. It was working fine then had taking it to a friends house and it would not connect. I have uninstalled reinstalled. Put in a totally different wireless card all with the same results.

    I have assigned IP and different DNS routers IDs. Nothing helps.

    I can connect using my cell phone as a modem and with my LAN conncetion.

    I have searched and searched google and others and it seems no one has a correction for this.

    I'm stumpped. Please forward any information that anyone may have.

    Thank you,
    Dan

    dwgelle, Oct 10, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    maddcreeper

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    re.12007 connectivity error

    :saint:
    i had the same problem and i had to reset the txt log because it was reading the url wrong it wasent converting the ip number into the server name .......go into RUN/type in/netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt/the RUN will flash and then reboot

    maddcreeper, Jan 22, 2008
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    maddcreeper

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    i had the same problem and i had to reset the txt log because it was reading the url wrong it wasent converting the ip number into the server name .......go into RUN/type in/netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt/the RUN will flash and then reboot.
    this is for the 12007 connectivity errors and sparatic internet

    maddcreeper, Jan 22, 2008
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    killahrock

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    code 12007

    "error code 12007"
    could this be caused by firewall settings?
    how did this happen!!:)

    killahrock, Jan 27, 2008
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

    killahrock