    I'm running Windows ME/IE5.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
    J. W., Sep 6, 2004

  2. J. W.

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    What AV and Anti spyware progs are you using?

    Also why don't you update to IE6? not like it's going to cost you anything.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Sep 6, 2004

  3. J. W.

    HF Guest

    'deleting some files' !!!---- RESTORE them and you will soon know if
    that is the cause. Otherwise reinstal IE
    "J. W." <> wrote in message
    > HI,
    > I was hit with some nasty stuff (2nd chance, etc...) and went through
    > cleaning things up so have been deleting some files. Now my IE search
    > function doesn't want to work. My home page appears but won't load
    > additional pages from a search or favorites. Every link seems to come up
    > with a computer error code.
    > I'm running Windows ME/IE5.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

    ---
    HF, Sep 6, 2004
  4. J. W.

    J. W. Guest

    "J. W." <> wrote in message
    > HI,
    > I was hit with some nasty stuff (2nd chance, etc...) and went through
    > cleaning things up so have been deleting some files. Now my IE search
    > function doesn't want to work. My home page appears but won't load
    > additional pages from a search or favorites. Every link seems to come up
    > with a computer error code.
    > I'm running Windows ME/IE5.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I'm getting a message from ZoneLabs saying Zone Alarm was restricting my
    internet access. I had this program for a short time and deleted it - but
    continued to get an error message at startup saying the link could not be
    found. Some of the files I found and deleted were from ZoneAlarm. I thought
    this would complete the deletion of the program.

    No websites will come up but I can get into newsgroups/email.

    btw... I gave you incorrect info - I am running IE 6.

    Thank you for any help!
    J. W., Sep 6, 2004
  5. J. W.

    k35454 Guest

    "J. W." <> wrote in message

    "J. W." <> wrote in message
    > HI,
    > I was hit with some nasty stuff (2nd chance, etc...) and went through
    > cleaning things up so have been deleting some files. Now my IE search
    > function doesn't want to work. My home page appears but won't load
    > additional pages from a search or favorites. Every link seems to come up
    > with a computer error code.
    > I'm running Windows ME/IE5.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I'm getting a message from ZoneLabs saying Zone Alarm was restricting my
    internet access. I had this program for a short time and deleted it - but
    continued to get an error message at startup saying the link could not be
    found. Some of the files I found and deleted were from ZoneAlarm. I thought
    this would complete the deletion of the program.

    No websites will come up but I can get into newsgroups/email.

    btw... I gave you incorrect info - I am running IE 6.

    Thank you for any help!

    Have you considered repairing IE6 ? Go to My
    Computer>Microsoft IE6, highlight it and select it, and the repair option
    should come up. k35454.
    k35454, Sep 6, 2004
  6. J. W.

    J. W. Guest

    "k35454" <> wrote in message

    > "J. W." <> wrote in message
    >
    > "J. W." <> wrote in message
    > > HI,
    > > I was hit with some nasty stuff (2nd chance, etc...) and went through
    > > cleaning things up so have been deleting some files. Now my IE search
    > > function doesn't want to work. My home page appears but won't load
    > > additional pages from a search or favorites. Every link seems to come up
    > > with a computer error code.
    > > I'm running Windows ME/IE5.
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks!

    > I'm getting a message from ZoneLabs saying Zone Alarm was restricting my
    > internet access. I had this program for a short time and deleted it - but
    > continued to get an error message at startup saying the link could not be
    > found. Some of the files I found and deleted were from ZoneAlarm. I

    thought
    > this would complete the deletion of the program.
    >
    > No websites will come up but I can get into newsgroups/email.
    >
    > btw... I gave you incorrect info - I am running IE 6.
    >
    > Thank you for any help!
    >
    > Have you considered repairing IE6 ? Go to My
    > Computer>Microsoft IE6, highlight it and select it, and the repair option
    > should come up. k35454.

    Thanks. I'll try it... but not finding any repair/diagnostic option
    there...?
    J. W., Sep 6, 2004
  7. J. W.

    Thor Guest

    > > Have you considered repairing IE6 ? Go to My
    > > Computer>Microsoft IE6, highlight it and select it, and the repair

    option
    > > should come up. k35454.

    > Thanks. I'll try it... but not finding any repair/diagnostic option
    > there...?

    Because that is not quite where it is. You need to go to "my computer" then
    "control panel", then "add/remove programs". Locate "internet explorer 6 and
    internet tools" in the list, then select it, and click the "add/remove"
    button. You should then be presented with an option menu, where "repair" is
    one of the options.
    Thor, Sep 6, 2004
  8. J. W.

    J. W. Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > > > Have you considered repairing IE6 ? Go to My
    > > > Computer>Microsoft IE6, highlight it and select it, and the repair

    > option
    > > > should come up. k35454.

    > > Thanks. I'll try it... but not finding any repair/diagnostic option
    > > there...?

    > Because that is not quite where it is. You need to go to "my computer"

    then
    > "control panel", then "add/remove programs". Locate "internet explorer 6

    and
    > internet tools" in the list, then select it, and click the "add/remove"
    > button. You should then be presented with an option menu, where "repair"

    is
    > one of the options.

    Thanks, Thor. Found it but it said my IE could not be repaired. Have to
    reinstall some components.
    J. W., Sep 6, 2004
  9. J. W.

    Trent© Guest

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:08:35 -0500, "J. W." <>
    wrote:

    >"Thor" <> wrote in message

    >> option
    >> >
    >> > Thanks. I'll try it... but not finding any repair/diagnostic option
    >> > there...?

    >> Because that is not quite where it is. You need to go to "my computer"

    >then
    >> "control panel", then "add/remove programs". Locate "internet explorer 6

    >and
    >> internet tools" in the list, then select it, and click the "add/remove"
    >> button. You should then be presented with an option menu, where "repair"

    >is
    >> one of the options.
    >>

    >Thanks, Thor. Found it but it said my IE could not be repaired. Have to
    >reinstall some components.

    Then go ahead and reinstall them.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent