  1. What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.
    Kurt
    Kurt M Peters, May 12, 2005

  2. Kurt M Peters

    Al J Guest

    In article <WOGge.14809$Fn1.9699@trnddc03>,
    says...
    > What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    > I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.
    > Kurt

    Um... I tend to use IE for those...
    Al J, May 12, 2005

  3. Kurt M Peters

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Al J* wrote:

    > In article <WOGge.14809$Fn1.9699@trnddc03>,
    > says...
    >> What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    >> I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.
    >> Kurt
    >>

    > Um... I tend to use IE for those...

    It must be a very necessary service for me and not available elsewere,
    before I open IE to access sutch a site. I sometimes complain to the
    site owner, then leave it and find an other similar service where my
    prefered browser works.

    I can go back (weeks) later to check if the IE only site has done
    anything after my complaint, even if I don't get any response. If not,
    I just don't go there any more.

    --
    /Arne

    are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
    quote signatures, thank you.
    Arne, May 12, 2005
  4. Al J uitte de volgende tekst op 12/05/2005 14:20:
    > In article <WOGge.14809$Fn1.9699@trnddc03>,
    > says...
    >
    >> What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    >>I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.
    >>Kurt
    >>

    > Um... I tend to use IE for those...

    The IEview extension can come in handy here.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare
    Hendrik Maryns, May 12, 2005
  5. Kurt M Peters

    Jim Guest

    Kurt M Peters wrote:
    > What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    > I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.
    > Kurt

    If you also have Konqueror installed use that. You can set the alias it
    reports when checking into various websites. Each may have different
    settings.

    Of course that applies if you're using Linux.
    Jim, May 12, 2005
  6. Kurt M Peters

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:08:38 GMT, in message
    <WOGge.14809$Fn1.9699@trnddc03>, Kurt M Peters wrote:

    > What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    > I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.
    > Kurt

    Some IE-only sites will work with Firefox when Firefox pretends to be IE.
    Simply install the "User Agent Switcher" extension and use it with the site.

    Other IE-only sites use IE proprietary stuff.
    For those sites you'll have to open the URL in IE.

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph

    "Those who have knowledge, don't predict.
    Those who predict, don't have knowledge."
    -- Lao Tzu, 6th century B.C.
    Ralph Fox, May 13, 2005
  7. On 2005-05-12, Kurt M Peters <> wrote:

    > What recourse does one have when you go to a site that only works with IE?
    > I've encountered two sites that won't let me connect when using Firefox.

    You can use one of the extensions that allows you to change the
    "User-agent" field so the remote site thinks you're running IE. This works
    most, but not all of the time.

    Even if you do get it to work this way, please take the time to contact
    the webmaster at the site and ask them to support W3C standards that any
    browser can use.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, May 14, 2005