    matt Guest

    Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
    reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!
    matt, Nov 24, 2004

  2. matt

    SA Guest

    Try hyjackthis. I can't remember the site, but try www.download.com and see
    if it is there. Good luck. Also try add aware and spybot S&D Also, scan your
    system with an antivirus program. Good luck.

    SA, Nov 24, 2004

  3. matt

    Frank.b Guest

    matt gave us a sample in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
    > reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

    9/10 chances you've been "homepage hyjacked" <- google around with the
    quoted words.
    --
    Frank.b
    Frank.b, Nov 24, 2004
  4. matt

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
    Now maintained by InterMute

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:32:55 +0000 (UTC), in
    <co2d3n$1jc$>
    matt scrawled:

    >Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
    >reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 24, 2004
  5. matt wrote:

    > Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
    > reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

    This would be an excellent time to upgrade your browser.

    http://mozilla.org

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 25, 2004
  6. matt

    Mike245 Guest

    matt wrote:
    > Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
    > reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

    Most likely its spyware. Download ad aware, run it, and see what happens.

    --
    Mike
    Be nerdy, join nerdfilter.
    Mike245, Nov 27, 2004