IE Not Responding-HELP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WeeWilly, Jun 4, 2006.

  1. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    I've had this problem since getting my new Dell 1300 w/ WinXP. I've kept up
    on updates. I can run for hours with IE working just fine.. then, a IE will
    hang. When I try to close the window I get a popup that says IE Not
    Responding.. and there seems pecious little that I can do to change that..
    Once or twice, clearing cache will do the trick.. but, not reliably.

    I've used AdAware; S&D Spybot; TrendMicro's Spyware products and McAfee and
    Trend Micro AV products.. as well as CCleaner DAILY. I've also increased my
    cache size from 25mb to 50mb with no help.. so, I doubt if it is cache.

    I wrote to the MS community and one person replied that I should run a
    hijack utility and paste the results to that utilities forum. I tried to
    sign up/register for the forum twice but have never received the
    confirmation notice to reply to.. so, I can't post my results.

    Mozilla will often work when IE fails.. I don't mind using Mozilla.. but,
    I'd really like to solve this issue once and for all..

    Any help will surely be appreciated.

    --
    Bill
    WeeWilly, Jun 4, 2006

  2. WeeWilly

    Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote:

    |>I've had this problem since getting my new Dell 1300 w/ WinXP. I've kept up
    |>on updates. I can run for hours with IE working just fine.. then, a IE will
    |>hang. When I try to close the window I get a popup that says IE Not
    |>Responding.. and there seems pecious little that I can do to change that..
    |>Once or twice, clearing cache will do the trick.. but, not reliably.

    www.Opera.com or www.FireFox.com running IE is just asking for
    problems and the other browsers are SO much better.

    |>I've used AdAware; S&D Spybot; TrendMicro's Spyware products and McAfee and
    |>Trend Micro AV products.. as well as CCleaner DAILY. I've also increased my
    |>cache size from 25mb to 50mb with no help.. so, I doubt if it is cache.
    |>
    |>I wrote to the MS community and one person replied that I should run a
    |>hijack utility and paste the results to that utilities forum. I tried to
    |>sign up/register for the forum twice but have never received the
    |>confirmation notice to reply to.. so, I can't post my results.

    You can get HiJackThis log files read here
    http://hijackthis.de/en Just copy the results and paste them to the
    site.

    |>Mozilla will often work when IE fails.. I don't mind using Mozilla.. but,
    |>I'd really like to solve this issue once and for all..
    |>
    |>Any help will surely be appreciated.

    --
    http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/shownh.php3?img_id=13597

    http://tinyurl.com/jmpby
    , Jun 4, 2006

  3. WeeWilly

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 05:56:07 +0100, WeeWilly wrote
    (in article <>):

    > I've had this problem since getting my new Dell 1300 w/ WinXP. I've kept up
    > on updates. I can run for hours with IE working just fine.. then, a IE will
    > hang. When I try to close the window I get a popup that says IE Not
    > Responding.. and there seems pecious little that I can do to change that..
    > Once or twice, clearing cache will do the trick.. but, not reliably.
    >
    > I've used AdAware; S&D Spybot; TrendMicro's Spyware products and McAfee and
    > Trend Micro AV products.. as well as CCleaner DAILY. I've also increased my
    > cache size from 25mb to 50mb with no help.. so, I doubt if it is cache.
    >
    > I wrote to the MS community and one person replied that I should run a
    > hijack utility and paste the results to that utilities forum. I tried to
    > sign up/register for the forum twice but have never received the
    > confirmation notice to reply to.. so, I can't post my results.
    >
    > Mozilla will often work when IE fails.. I don't mind using Mozilla.. but,
    > I'd really like to solve this issue once and for all..
    >
    > Any help will surely be appreciated.

    Two solutions to this issue (in order of preference): -

    1) Return the Dell and buy a Mac

    2) Don't use IE, use Firefox. It's like the old joke: Man goes to the doctor
    and says "it hurts when I do this." The doctor says "well, don't do that,
    then...".
    Margolotta, Jun 4, 2006
  4. WeeWilly

    Craig Fulmer Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    > I've had this problem since getting my new Dell 1300 w/ WinXP. I've kept
    > up on updates. I can run for hours with IE working just fine.. then, a IE
    > will hang. When I try to close the window I get a popup that says IE Not
    > Responding.. and there seems pecious little that I can do to change that..
    > Once or twice, clearing cache will do the trick.. but, not reliably.
    >
    > I've used AdAware; S&D Spybot; TrendMicro's Spyware products and McAfee
    > and Trend Micro AV products.. as well as CCleaner DAILY. I've also
    > increased my cache size from 25mb to 50mb with no help.. so, I doubt if it
    > is cache.
    >
    > I wrote to the MS community and one person replied that I should run a
    > hijack utility and paste the results to that utilities forum. I tried to
    > sign up/register for the forum twice but have never received the
    > confirmation notice to reply to.. so, I can't post my results.
    >
    > Mozilla will often work when IE fails.. I don't mind using Mozilla.. but,
    > I'd really like to solve this issue once and for all..
    >
    > Any help will surely be appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    WW,
    First ignore anything posted by margolotta, as for her unhelpful and
    pointless post of use firefox and get a mac, she hasn't got a clue.
    She's only had a mac for 10 months and she is a laughing stock in
    the mac groups, if you have a look at her posts you'll see she hasn't
    got a clue about anything! And she is so dumb she failed to twig that
    when you typed "mozilla will often work", well she is such a thicko that
    she dosen't know it's Mozilla is Firefox.............

    You use Outlook Express and your ISP supports MS newsgroups,
    so no need to subscribe, just configure MS as a server:
    Open OutlookExpress
    Click "Tools"/Accounts/News
    the click "Add"
    The news server details:
    msnews.microsoft.com
    It dosen't require a logon nor password etc.
    You will now have MS as an additional news server
    and it will load the MS groups.
    Craig Fulmer, Jun 4, 2006
  5. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Thank, Craig.. and others.. even margolotta..

    WeeWilly, Jun 4, 2006
  6. WeeWilly

    Gaoler Guest

    Margolotta wrote:
    > On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 05:56:07 +0100, WeeWilly wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >

    >> Mozilla will often work when IE fails.. I don't mind using Mozilla.. but,
    >> I'd really like to solve this issue once and for all..
    >>
    >> Any help will surely be appreciated.
    >>

    > Two solutions to this issue (in order of preference): -
    >
    > 1) Return the Dell and buy a Mac

    The above line right off the bat tells everyone what a tremendous
    assmunch you are and they will stop reading your post right then and
    there. In case it's not stated clearly enough for you so far, I'll
    simplify:

    -*GETTING AND USING A MAC IS NOT THE ONLY ANSWER TO PC PROBLEMS*-

    Yet you, the over used tampon of usenet suggest this repeatedly, even in
    the MS groups. What a Moroon!

    --
    Person who fart in church sit in own pew.
    Gaoler, Jun 5, 2006
  7. WeeWilly

    MSB Guest

    > "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    >> I've had this problem since getting my new Dell 1300 w/ WinXP. I've kept
    >> up on updates. I can run for hours with IE working just fine.. then, a
    >> IE will hang. When I try to close the window I get a popup that says IE
    >> Not Responding.. and there seems pecious little that I can do to change
    >> that.. Once or twice, clearing cache will do the trick.. but, not
    >> reliably.
    >>
    >> I've used AdAware; S&D Spybot; TrendMicro's Spyware products and McAfee
    >> and Trend Micro AV products.. as well as CCleaner DAILY. I've also
    >> increased my cache size from 25mb to 50mb with no help.. so, I doubt if
    >> it is cache.
    >>
    >> I wrote to the MS community and one person replied that I should run a
    >> hijack utility and paste the results to that utilities forum. I tried to
    >> sign up/register for the forum twice but have never received the
    >> confirmation notice to reply to.. so, I can't post my results.
    >>
    >> Mozilla will often work when IE fails.. I don't mind using Mozilla.. but,
    >> I'd really like to solve this issue once and for all..
    >>
    >> Any help will surely be appreciated.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bill
    >>

    > WW,
    > First ignore anything posted by margolotta, as for her unhelpful and
    > pointless post of use firefox and get a mac, she hasn't got a clue.
    > She's only had a mac for 10 months and she is a laughing stock in
    > the mac groups, if you have a look at her posts you'll see she hasn't
    > got a clue about anything! And she is so dumb she failed to twig that
    > when you typed "mozilla will often work", well she is such a thicko that
    > she dosen't know it's Mozilla is Firefox.............
    >
    > You use Outlook Express and your ISP supports MS newsgroups,
    > so no need to subscribe, just configure MS as a server:
    > Open OutlookExpress
    > Click "Tools"/Accounts/News
    > the click "Add"
    > The news server details:
    > msnews.microsoft.com
    > It dosen't require a logon nor password etc.
    > You will now have MS as an additional news server
    > and it will load the MS groups.

    As a temporary fix ( just to stop the freezing and open your link)

    when the browser freezes after clicking, right click the window that is
    frozen on the taskbar (right click the taskbar item of your window) then
    click in your frozen window, Your link will open in a new window, and the
    other page will unfreeze. but yes, M$ is pathetic for not adressing this
    huge problem...

    Or www.firefox.com
    MSB, Jun 6, 2006