    later it goes back to showing a tiny new window each time.

    Any fix for this? Thanks...

    To email, take out the dog...

    Jim, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Jim

    Andy Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Since last night, whenever I open a link in a new window in
    > IE6, the new window is tiny. I can expand it and then close
    > with shift+ctrl and later windows are okay, but sooner or
    > later it goes back to showing a tiny new window each time.
    >
    > Any fix for this? Thanks...
    > >

    > To email, take out the dog...

    I expand and close with a ctrl key only and it works.

    Andy, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote:

    >"Jim" <> wrote in message
    >> Since last night, whenever I open a link in a new window in
    >> IE6, the new window is tiny. I can expand it and then close
    >> with shift+ctrl and later windows are okay, but sooner or
    >> later it goes back to showing a tiny new window each time.
    >>
    >> Any fix for this? Thanks...
    >> >

    >> To email, take out the dog...

    >I expand and close with a ctrl key only and it works.

    Thanks, but whatever combination of keys I use, I still get
    "Open in a new window" providing a tiny window. I've tried
    un installing IE and reinstalling, but no luck... Weird...

    To email, take out the dog...

    Jim, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Jim

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:19:19 GMT, in
    <>
    Jim scrawled:

    >"Andy" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Jim" <> wrote in message
    >>> Since last night, whenever I open a link in a new window in
    >>> IE6, the new window is tiny. I can expand it and then close
    >>> with shift+ctrl and later windows are okay, but sooner or
    >>> later it goes back to showing a tiny new window each time.
    >>>
    >>> Any fix for this? Thanks...
    >>> >

    >>> To email, take out the dog...

    >>I expand and close with a ctrl key only and it works.
    >>

    >Thanks, but whatever combination of keys I use, I still get
    >"Open in a new window" providing a tiny window. I've tried
    >un installing IE and reinstalling, but no luck... Weird...

    Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
    window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
    following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
    resolution), and press ENTER:

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

    When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
    window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
    visible.

    Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote:

    >javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

    Spot on - works a treat!

    Many thanks...

    To email, take out the dog...

    Jim, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Jim

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:34:41 GMT, in
    <>
    Jim scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote:
    >
    >>javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

    >Spot on - works a treat!
    >
    >Many thanks...

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  7. Jim

    Penna Elabi Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > >"Jim" <> wrote in message
    > > Since last night, whenever I open a link in a new window in
    > > IE6, the new window is tiny. I can expand it and then close
    > > with shift+ctrl and later windows are okay, but sooner or
    > > later it goes back to showing a tiny new window each time.
    > >
    > > Any fix for this? Thanks...

    > Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
    > window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
    > following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
    > resolution), and press ENTER:
    >
    > javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
    >
    > When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
    > window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
    > visible.
    >
    > Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
    >
    > javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

    You can also try AutoSizer:

    http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

    Penna Elabi, Jan 28, 2004