    drives etc, I am a little worried to go out and spend the money if this
    problem exist, Any thoughts..
    Thanks
    Philip, Dec 15, 2007

  2. Philip

    Primo Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > I am going to install XP Pro 64 Bit due to a large amount of Ram amd regular
    > XP Pro will not recognize past 3 gig,

    It was previously posted that XP 64 will not recognize more that 4 gb of
    RAM so your point is.............??
    Primo, Dec 19, 2007

  3. No, it was not posted that XP Pro x64 cannot reconzize more than 4GB of ram.
    In fact it can span 128GB of ram. And don't email me anymore. The
    newsgroup participants should have access to exchanges so that they can
    follow, comment, and learn or not as they wish.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2007
  4. Philip

    Philip Guest

    Primo, You are incorrect about XP Pro recognizing more than 4 gig, and i am
    not sure were your answer has anything to do with my question, Read the
    question and answer that, I am already aware of what xp Pro 64 will and will
    not recognize as far as RAM..

    Philip, Dec 19, 2007
  5. Philip

    Guest

    On Dec 15, 11:33 am, Philip <> wrote:
    > I am going to install XP Pro 64 Bit due to a large amount of Ram amd regular
    > XP Pro will not recognize past 3 gig, I down loaded the trial XP Pro 64 Bit
    > and did the install, I did all the updates but then the problems started, I
    > could get to the web, but everytime I tried to type something into the
    > address bar or the search space, IE would lock up, this happened even after I
    > did the update to IE7, I have tried the install twicw and formated hard
    > drives etc, I am a little worried to go out and spend the money if this
    > problem exist, Any thoughts..
    > Thanks

    Load another browser and see if it has problems. Firefox for instance.
    , Dec 20, 2007
  6. Philip

    Philip Guest

    Thanks Miso, I also think that my driver for my ethernet card may have only
    been for a 32 bit, I have down loaded the 64 bit and will try again once my
    copy of XP 64 bit comes in..

    Philip, Dec 20, 2007