IE - Internet Options

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zephyr, Oct 4, 2003.

  1. zephyr

    zephyr Guest

    When I click on Tools, Internet Options in IE I get the following
    message:

    "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
    this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

    I am the "Administrator"!. I'm running MS XP Pro on Broadband using a
    LAN between PC and Laptop via a router.

    I've obviously got an option checked which is causing the problem, but
    I can't find it.

    Does anyone know how to fix this irritating problem. I'm always
    falling foul of the "Administrator" set-up, which is a bit silly as it
    is a private system in my home. I don't seem to be able to work round
    it!!

    TIA

    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    zephyr, Oct 4, 2003

  2. zephyr

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you have SpyBot S&D or Spyware Blaster installed?

    They have options to prevent the IE tools menu being used.

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:51:43 +0100, in
    <>
    zephyr scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 4, 2003

  3. zephyr

    Brian H¹© Guest

    zephyr said:

    > When I click on Tools, Internet Options in IE I get the following
    > message:
    >
    > "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
    > this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
    >
    > I am the "Administrator"!. I'm running MS XP Pro on Broadband using a
    > LAN between PC and Laptop via a router.
    >
    > I've obviously got an option checked which is causing the problem, but
    > I can't find it.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this irritating problem. I'm always
    > falling foul of the "Administrator" set-up, which is a bit silly as it
    > is a private system in my home. I don't seem to be able to work round
    > it!!
    >
    > TIA

    Go through permissions and set your user as owner of the various components you
    want to be able to fully control outside of "Admin" mode.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 4, 2003