    after a reboot.

    Many thanks to the one who helps me tackle this problem?

    chin
    chin, Jan 30, 2004

  2. chin

    Chris Martin Guest

    "chin" <> wrote in message
    news:bvddqj$qnbdr$-berlin.de...
    > My IE 6.0 homepage under Xp Pro has changed to some searchcentral page.

    Each
    > time I change it to my initial one it reverts back to the undesired one
    > after a reboot.
    >
    > Many thanks to the one who helps me tackle this problem?
    >
    > chin

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320159

    Read this link , you may have a Virus , HTH

    Chris
    Chris Martin, Jan 30, 2004

  3. chin

    chin Guest

    Thanks for your input.
    I managed to solve the problem with CWShredder

    chin
    chin, Jan 30, 2004
  4. chin

    not me Guest

    Hi

    You may also want to look for Adware, get Ad-aware or Spybot or an
    equivelent, As this may not be a Virus as such just a hijacking.

    www.lavasoftusa.com
    http://www.spybot-search.com/

    These are two of the one I use and they seem to work most of the time

    not me, Jan 30, 2004