IE has encountered a problem ...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paris, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. paris

    paris Guest

    Hey ...

    I have a couple of questions.

    1st Question ... I just recently upgraded to a computer
    with Windows XP. After upgrading ... I noticed more than
    ever before, when I am surfing the web and click on various
    links --- I get a popup that reads --- " Internet Explorer has
    encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
    the inconvenience." Then it gives you the option to send or
    not to send report to microsoft..

    Does sending the report do any good? Also, is there anything
    I can physically do to stop these annoying popups. They're not
    just annoying - they're exasperating! Cause, it causes you to
    lose your train of work and thought every time it attacks.

    2nd Question: ... I noticed in my system traywas something called BigFix.
    Every once in a while this BigFix thing would warn me that I should
    download a patch for security. Although it held a disclaimer that BigFix
    could not be held responsible if a certain download caused a problem, I
    would opt for the download. Is Big Fix OK?

    Thanks In Advance!!

    Paris

    Over 1,700 of the WEBS most Useful Sites - Massive Listing!
    http://www.allsitecafe.com
    paris, Nov 3, 2003

  2. ok first of all.... The "popup" in IE is not popup at all. That is Windows
    telling you that there is an error in IE. And do NOT send error reports to
    Microsoft. The error report contains things like: Your Computer name, your
    IP address, all of your system specs and more. I repeat, DO NOT send those
    reports to Microsoft. As for your "BigFix" problem, if you go into the
    Add/Remove Programs window in control panel and remove BigFix. Do NOT
    download security patches of any kind from ANY THIRD PARTY VENDOR!!!!!!! The
    only place you should be getting security patches from is the Windows Update
    site (www.windowsupdate.com)

    Mr.SlippyFist, Nov 3, 2003