    that page you never know where you will go. do I have a virus and if so
    would anyone know which and how to get rid of it.

    Ron Singer

    Ronald Singer, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Ronald Singer

    D Guest

    install, upgrade and run ALL ALL ALL of the following programs!!!

    list courtesy of °Mike°:

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    If you are unable to download any of the files here and are redirected to a
    porn page, search page or just denied access to the file, try these
    alternate links that should always work:

    HijackThis direct download:
    http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

    CWShredder direct download:
    http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

    The redirection is probably because of a Coolwebsearch variant
    (CWS.Aff.Tooncomics or CWS.Dreplace) that intercepts your download to
    prevent downloading my programs.

    "Ronald Singer" <> wrote in message
    > When I open IE the home page may be a porn site or any other random site

    and

    D, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Ronald Singer

    SA Guest

    Try hijackthis www.download.com.

    SA, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Ronald Singer

    DC Guest

    Ronald Singer wrote:
    > When I open IE the home page may be a porn site or any other random site and
    > if I get a page to come up from my favorites and you click on anything on
    > that page you never know where you will go.

    "Microsoft. You won't believe where you'll end up, today." };O)

    > do I have a virus and if so would anyone know which and how to get rid of it.

    Browser hijack - it's an IE feature. Follow the advice given by "D",
    eariler to help rid your system of nasties.

    Then, install a real browser and dump Interminable Exploiter.

    http://www.mozilla.org

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Aug 21, 2004