IE flaw bypasses fully patched systems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Au79

    Sybil Guest

    Au79 wrote:
    > SC Magazine - London,UK
    >
    > ... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
    > vulnerability ...
    >
    > <http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/article/593402/ie-flaw-bypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

    "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE and
    (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of codes," he said.
    "This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
    vulnerability added to the WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."

    ....so I should ditch Firefox and it's memory leaks and switch to Opera,
    K-Meleon or K-Ninja?

    Sybil, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Sybil wrote:

    > Au79 wrote:
    >> SC Magazine - London,UK
    >>
    >> ... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
    >> vulnerability ...

    <http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/article/593402/ie-flaw-bypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

    > "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE and
    > (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of codes," he said.
    > "This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
    > vulnerability added to the WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."
    >
    > ...so I should ditch Firefox and it's memory leaks and switch to Opera,
    > K-Meleon or K-Ninja?

    Switch to Opera.

    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

    Au79, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Au79

    elaich Guest

    Sybil <> wrote in

    > "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE and
    > (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of codes," he said.
    > "This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
    > vulnerability added to the WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."

    No other article about this exploit even mentions Mozilla. The thought
    is not even mentioned on any of the Mozilla - Firefox forums, which are
    always very quick to jump on any perceived flaws.

    I detect Microsoft shilling. Not uncommon in such articles.

    >Switch to Opera.

    If and when Opera gets the same kind of user based support and fast
    updates, not to mention user friendliness, that Firefox does, I might
    consider it. So far, Opera fails my tests with a grade of F. I don't like
    clunky, hard to use, user hating software, pure and simple. But, some
    people can get used to anything.

    elaich, Sep 21, 2006
  5. Au79

    thanatoid Guest

    Sybil <>
    wrote in news:rBnQg.1631$-nyc.rr.com:

    > Au79 wrote:
    >> SC Magazine - London,UK
    >>
    >> ... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence
    >> for this new vulnerability ...
    >>
    >> <http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/article/593402/ie-flaw-b
    >> ypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

    > "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE
    > and (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of
    > codes," he said. "This greatly increases the likelihood of
    > prevalence for this new vulnerability added to the
    > WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."
    >
    > ...so I should ditch Firefox and it's memory leaks and
    > switch to Opera, K-Meleon or K-Ninja?

    Didn't you just say K-Meleon was SO much better than anything
    else?

    BTW, it's not "and it is memory leaks", but "and its memory
    leaks", isn't it?

    thanatoid, Sep 21, 2006
  6. Au79

    Guest

    elaich <> wrote:

    >Opera fails my tests with a grade of F. I don't like
    >clunky, hard to use, user hating software, pure and simple. But, some
    >people can get used to anything.

    I don't like FireFox, I'm so used to Opera. Trying to expand a page in
    FF I hit 0 (as in Opera) and nothing happens, it takes a two key
    combo CTL/+ that one thing keeps me from using FF.

    What I don't like about the latest Opera, is it want's to be your
    torrent client and it's pretty hard to disable:
    opera:config#BitTorrent|BandwidthRestrictionMode" target="_blank"

    --
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sud-IdjIV-o

    , Sep 21, 2006

  7. >
    > BTW, it's not "and it is memory leaks", but "and its memory
    > leaks", isn't it?

    Yes teacher, may I have another? My bottom is not red enough!

    True though, I am a K-Meleon freak...

    Tree Air Freshener, Sep 21, 2006