    Presto, change-o, you're in.

    However, I cannot find such a Firefox extension or plug-in. If there
    isn't one, there should be. Any suggestions?
    Chazz Matt, Jul 10, 2004

  2. *** Chazz Matt escribió/wrote (10 Jul 2004 00:25:32 -0700):
    > A friend of mine thought there was an extension or plug-in that would
    > identify Firefox as "Internet Explorer" to sites that are supposedly
    > Internet Explorer-only. Most such sites could render with Firefox, of
    > course (except those that use Active X).

    Sure. That ID string is called User-Agent. You have these extensions
    available:

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/useragentswitcher
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/uawidget
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/prefbar

    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain - ICQ 46788716
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor para mayores de 100 años)
    ++ «Sonríe, que te vamos a hacer una foto para la esquela»
    Alvaro G. Vicario, Jul 10, 2004

  3. On 2004-07-10 10:37, Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:

    > *** Chazz Matt escribió/wrote (10 Jul 2004 00:25:32 -0700):
    >> A friend of mine thought there was an extension or plug-in that would
    >> identify Firefox as "Internet Explorer" to sites that are supposedly
    >> Internet Explorer-only. Most such sites could render with Firefox, of
    >> course (except those that use Active X).

    > Sure. That ID string is called User-Agent. You have these extensions
    > available:
    >
    > http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/useragentswitcher
    > http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/uawidget
    > http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/prefbar

    What about Multizilla? I thought they offered User-Agent spoofing as well.

    --
    Get Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    Get Thunderbird http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
    Benedikt Kantus, Jul 10, 2004
  4. *** Benedikt Kantus escribió/wrote (Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:38:47 +0200):
    > What about Multizilla? I thought they offered User-Agent spoofing as well.

    I've never said they didn't. I just don't know every extension available
    ;-)

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Jul 10, 2004