    Thank you in advance for your reply and taking the time to help.

    chuckw

    , Jan 18, 2005

  2. doS Guest

    wrote:
    > Can any one tell me how to remove IE 6 from my computer? Tried with
    > add/remove in control panel but still got it.
    > Thank you in advance for your reply and taking the time to help.
    >
    > chuckw

    if you could remove IE6 windows wont run, but then again, you can't totaly
    remove it anyway.

    doS, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Parko Guest

    wrote:
    > Can any one tell me how to remove IE 6 from my computer? Tried with
    > add/remove in control panel but still got it.
    > Thank you in advance for your reply and taking the time to help.
    >
    > chuckw

    You can't. It's part of the Windows XX OS, just like Windows Media
    Player. You need it to connect to the Windows update site.

    --
    Parko
    It's beer drinkin' weather again!

    Parko, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Aquanaut Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can any one tell me how to remove IE 6 from my computer? Tried with
    > add/remove in control panel but still got it.
    > Thank you in advance for your reply and taking the time to help.
    >
    > chuckw

    Do you want to explain why? --there are lite versions around but not sure if
    the ability not to load IE is an option as have never used them.
    Hey you could always become a penguin and install Linux?

    Aquanaut, Jan 19, 2005
  5. Howdy!

    <> wrote in message
    > Can any one tell me how to remove IE 6 from my computer? Tried with
    > add/remove in control panel but still got it.
    > Thank you in advance for your reply and taking the time to help.

    Since the IE renderer is required for Windows help, and for the
    Explorer interface, and for access to Windows Update - the only sure fire
    method is to wipe the drive and install an alternative OS (such as Linux or
    one of the BSDs).

    But why remove it?

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 19, 2005