    occurs on a lot of websites....

    How can I change this?

    thanks...
    Jim Pete, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Jim Pete

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Jim Pete said:

    > Hello,
    >
    > In IE.. why am I limited in downloading two things at a time... and this
    > occurs on a lot of websites....
    >

    > How can I change this?
    >
    > thanks...

    Possibly because a lot of sites don't want you hogging bandwidth whilst you
    download dozens of files.
    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Jim Pete

    NERV Guest

    The problem is not what the other guy said.

    Your issue is IE. IE 6 comes with a limiter on the amount of downloads you
    are allowed to do at any given moment.
    Go here http://tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=764 and you will have your
    fix.

    NERV

    NERV, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Jim Pete

    Richard Guest

    "NERV" <> wrote in message
    > The problem is not what the other guy said.
    >
    > Your issue is IE. IE 6 comes with a limiter on the amount of downloads you
    > are allowed to do at any given moment.
    > Go here http://tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=764 and you will have

    your
    > fix.
    >
    > NERV

    Sites can and do limit the number of simultaneous downloads to help preserve
    their limited bandwidth.
    I use IE6 and have had more than two downloads running at the same time with
    no problem, without the registry fix.

    Richard, Jun 24, 2003
  5. Jim Pete

    °Mike° Guest

    Configure Internet Explorer to Have Over Two Download Sessions
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;282402

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:30:26 GMT, in
    <mDWJa.16659$>
    Jim Pete scrawled: