    Any input would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Pat A.
    Patrick Arnoldussen, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Patrick Arnoldussen

    Boomer Guest

    Patrick Arnoldussen, <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with Internet Explorer, likely a virus. I get
    > a message as soon as I try to open it. It says that IE has
    > caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL
    >
    > I have reloaded IE with no success, and have reloaded the OS
    > (Windows ME) also to no avail.
    >
    > Got any suggestions as to how to get this back? Outlook works
    > fine as does basically everything else (it appears)
    >
    > I would try to upgrade my virus software, but I cannot get to
    > the internet. I will buy a new copy if that will help.
    >
    > Any input would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Pat A.

    Via a quick search at Google.com:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
    1&q=IE+%2Berror+%2B+KERNEL32.DLL+windows+me

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?B36565A37
    Boomer, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Patrick Arnoldussen

    Harrison Guest

    I am uploading a copy of Hijackthis! to alt.binaries.test for you.
    Download it and run it. Paste your log file back to this thread for
    further assistance.

    Harrison, Jan 29, 2004
  4. Hey,

    I'd love to go at the links you have below, but I cannot get on the
    internet. any chance you can email me the file to download? Email or
    hardcopy are my only options at this point.

    Pat

    Patrick Arnoldussen, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Patrick Arnoldussen

    Boomer Guest

    Patrick Arnoldussen, <> wrote:

    > Hey,
    >
    > I'd love to go at the links you have below, but I cannot get on
    > the internet. any chance you can email me the file to download?
    > Email or hardcopy are my only options at this point.
    >
    > Pat

    You are on the online. You mean you can't use IE. Is that right?
    Can you run a scan disk and then defrag then reboot?
    What makes you think this is a virus?
    Have you tried the repair function for IE?

    "..IE has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.." is a system dynamic link
    library error.

    Boomer, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Patrick Arnoldussen

    nemo Guest

    Put your Windows CD in the drive and go to

    Start > Run > and type sfc then OK.

    That's the System File Check utility.

    It'll check all your System Files and give you the option to restore from
    the CD any corrupted ones it finds.

    If it comes up clean, it might be that a virus is falsely producing the
    error message.

    Worth a try.

    Nemo

    nemo, Jan 30, 2004