    Thanks for laughing! now any ideas?
    Cheers
    chris in Nottingham (no sun for days!!!)

    Fastmoggy, Aug 19, 2007

  2. Fastmoggy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Remove-it version 12, it's fast and free. It now has over 3800
    signatures to remove All variants of Virusburst, Spy Dawn, Spylock,and
    Antivermins. New Feature, Remove-it will now update your hosts file. This
    tool is designed to Specifically remove all variants. Scan time is about 2
    minutes. Designed for Windows 2000/XP only. Password is still required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
    link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    pcbutts1, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Fastmoggy

    Tester Guest

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:46:03 GMT, "Fastmoggy" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Been sorting out sons computer (compromised to the hilt! with pop ups to all
    >sorts of sites..mostly gambling) to which i have done but for one thing.
    >The Ie7 browser keeps having its privacy setting reduced to minimum allowing
    >all cookies.
    >I have used both spy bot and adware to try and correct this but no joy. Any
    >ideas or should i just chop his fingers off (joke!)
    >His system is XP home totally updated with Norton's 2007 which refuses to
    >admit there's a problem.
    >I think his main problem is that he insists on leaving his computer on with
    >msm messenger running for very long periods which i keep telling him not
    >too!
    >
    >Thanks for laughing! now any ideas?

    Try http://www.safer-networking.org (free Spybot Search & Destroy)

    http://www.lavasoft.com (Ad Aware free edition, pay edition)

    Spybot S&D scans for problems and also has a resident program which
    watches out for possibly bad changes and asks your permission.

    Ad Aware scans for problems and some of the pay programs also have the
    resident feature.

    You don't want to use more than one resident program (they can
    interfere with each other and cause the machine to crash) but more
    than one scanner is OK as one might find something that the other
    misses.

    (The same is true of antivirus programs)

    Tester, Aug 20, 2007
  4. Fastmoggy

    ded Guest

    "Fastmoggy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Been sorting out sons computer (compromised to the hilt! with pop ups to
    > all sorts of sites..mostly gambling) to which i have done but for one
    > thing.
    > The Ie7 browser keeps having its privacy setting reduced to minimum
    > allowing all cookies.
    > I have used both spy bot and adware to try and correct this but no joy.
    > Any ideas or should i just chop his fingers off (joke!)
    > His system is XP home totally updated with Norton's 2007 which refuses to
    > admit there's a problem.
    > I think his main problem is that he insists on leaving his computer on
    > with msm messenger running for very long periods which i keep telling him
    > not too!
    >
    > Thanks for laughing! now any ideas?
    > Cheers
    > chris in Nottingham (no sun for days!!!)

    Is your son or you logged on as administrator, though you can then set the
    security zone settings for all users, it dosen't include the Privacy
    (cookies)
    settings which are independent to each user and can be reset.
    If there are more than one user profile for that PC, logon to each and reset
    the Privacy in each profile.

    ded, Aug 20, 2007
  5. Fastmoggy

    ded Guest

    "Tester" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:46:03 GMT, "Fastmoggy" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Been sorting out sons computer (compromised to the hilt! with pop ups to
    >>all
    >>sorts of sites..mostly gambling) to which i have done but for one thing.
    >>The Ie7 browser keeps having its privacy setting reduced to minimum
    >>allowing
    >>all cookies.
    >>I have used both spy bot and adware to try and correct this but no joy.
    >>Any
    >>ideas or should i just chop his fingers off (joke!)
    >>His system is XP home totally updated with Norton's 2007 which refuses to
    >>admit there's a problem.
    >>I think his main problem is that he insists on leaving his computer on
    >>with
    >>msm messenger running for very long periods which i keep telling him not
    >>too!
    >>
    >>Thanks for laughing! now any ideas?

    > Try http://www.safer-networking.org (free Spybot Search & Destroy)
    >
    > http://www.lavasoft.com (Ad Aware free edition, pay edition)

    snip

    In his post he detailed that he used Spybot and Adware, so you post links
    to download them?

    ded, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Fastmoggy

    Leythos Guest

    In article <faac9g$36j$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > Remove-it will now update your hosts file.

    To block the downloading of quality malware fighting tools and you get
    the benefit of visiting a PORN HOSTING SITE for the download. Do you
    really want to trust content/help from a Porn Site?

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Aug 20, 2007
  7. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    "ded" <> wrote in message news:faapsi$hak$...

    > "Fastmoggy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Been sorting out sons computer (compromised to the hilt! with pop ups to
    >> all sorts of sites..mostly gambling) to which i have done but for one
    >> thing.
    >> The Ie7 browser keeps having its privacy setting reduced to minimum
    >> allowing all cookies.
    >> I have used both spy bot and adware to try and correct this but no joy.
    >> Any ideas or should i just chop his fingers off (joke!)
    >> His system is XP home totally updated with Norton's 2007 which refuses to
    >> admit there's a problem.
    >> I think his main problem is that he insists on leaving his computer on
    >> with msm messenger running for very long periods which i keep telling him
    >> not too!
    >>
    >> Thanks for laughing! now any ideas?
    >> Cheers
    >> chris in Nottingham (no sun for days!!!)
    >>

    > Is your son or you logged on as administrator, though you can then set the
    > security zone settings for all users, it dosen't include the Privacy
    > (cookies)
    > settings which are independent to each user and can be reset.
    > If there are more than one user profile for that PC, logon to each and
    > reset
    > the Privacy in each profile.

    Should have mentioned. 2 computers going through one wireless router(
    encrypted) so both admistrators for own computer. Im on XP pro and no
    problems, but then again im not a teenager so god knows where hes been!!!!Ok
    got a good idea!

    As far as i can see the programs used have cleared up spyware malware but
    the browser says otherwise with all the pop ups he still gets and that's
    with the pop up blocker switched on.
    How do you get to use the Microsoft malicious tool removal software which is
    updated every month?
    Maybe that will cure it?

    Oh well if all else fails, it is that time of year anyway for the ritual
    format! LOL
    Cheers
    Chris

    Fastmoggy, Aug 20, 2007