    to make the (64 bit version) the default in Win 7 ?
    If so how do you make it the default?

    Thanks

    Kue2, Mar 15, 2011

  2. Kue2

    Drew Guest

    Good question!! You beat me to it.. If I find out before someone else
    answer's I will definitely respond here.

    Drew, Mar 15, 2011

  3. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    This is a nice quest.
    If you go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab.
    It clearly states that IE x64 cannot be set as the default browser.
    Let's see if someone can defeat MSFT.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 15, 2011
  4. Kue2

    Drew Guest

    The question was " Can I make the 64 bit version default?"

    Drew, Mar 15, 2011
  5. Kue2

    Leala Guest

    On 15-Mar-2011 18:48, King Ginger wrote:
    > Funny, I have the option to set IE9 as the default browser with W7
    > Ultimate
    >

    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:50:01 -0400, "Kue2"<> wrote:
    >
    >> Since the "new" browser (IE 9) is out, is it now possible
    >> to make the (64 bit version) the default in Win 7 ?
    >> If so how do you make it the default?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Not funny. On a Windows 64bit system both IE 32bit and IE 64bit are
    installed but only the IE 32bit can be the default.

    --
    Leala.

    Leala, Mar 15, 2011
  6. Kue2

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 19/03/2011 in message
    <> R. C. White wrote:

    >Yes, it's possible to make 64-bit IE the default. But I'm not sure it's a
    >good idea - at least, not until Adobe makes its Flash Player work in
    >64-bit Windows.

    I would have thought that was the perfect reason for making IE 64 the
    default if possible.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those

    Jeff Gaines, Mar 19, 2011
  7. Kue2

    Jeff Layman Guest

    On 15/03/2011 23:21, Leala wrote:
    > On 15-Mar-2011 18:48, King Ginger wrote:
    >> Funny, I have the option to set IE9 as the default browser with W7
    >> Ultimate
    >>

    >> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:50:01 -0400, "Kue2"<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Since the "new" browser (IE 9) is out, is it now possible
    >>> to make the (64 bit version) the default in Win 7 ?
    >>> If so how do you make it the default?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    > Not funny. On a Windows 64bit system both IE 32bit and IE 64bit are
    > installed but only the IE 32bit can be the default.

    One wonders why MS bothers to point to a "specific" 64-bit download when
    you get both anyway! I couldn't understand why the download was so big
    and took so long to install. Now I know why - two programs instead of one.

    --

    Jeff

    Jeff Layman, Mar 19, 2011
  8. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    RC,

    Even so I can't understand why the installation takes so long.
    I downloaded the whole package instead of the web installer.
    It took quite a while after the installation was over.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 20, 2011