    to IE7. Does anyone have experiences with it? Can I get back to IE6 if its
    problematic? Namely, if I put my xpsp2 disk in and do a repair, will it go
    back to IE6?

    George, Nov 6, 2007

  2. George wrote:

    > I currently use IE6 and I'm getting notices from windows update to
    > upgrade to IE7.

    With XP? That's been going on for what? a year now?

    > Does anyone have experiences with it?

    Different bugs than IE6. Personally, I don't care for it.

    > Can I get back to IE6 if its problematic? Namely, if I put my xpsp2
    > disk in and do a repair, will it go back to IE6?

    You only need to go to Add/Remove Programs and 'remove' IE7. XP will
    then revert to IE6.

    But why not get better browsers? Firefox and Opera come to mind.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    http://www.opera.com/

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 6, 2007

  3. George

    Mack Guest

    I had IE7 and it wasn't compatible with
    some software which I had. I tried to re-download
    IE6, but it wouldn't happen and kept saying that
    I already had a later version.. Suggest that you
    leave IE6 in system restore and then if you don't
    care for 7.0 then "SYSTEM RESTORE." :Luck

    Mack, Nov 6, 2007
  4. George wrote:

    > I currently use IE6 and I'm getting notices from windows update to upgrade
    > to IE7. Does anyone have experiences with it? Can I get back to IE6 if
    > its
    > problematic? Namely, if I put my xpsp2 disk in and do a repair, will it

    You can uninstall it in control panel - software.
    However, there are security flaws with the combination of IE7 and XP which
    do not exist on IE6/XP or IE7/Vista, in particular the URI vulnerability
    acknowledged by MS here
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx

    IMHO IE7 has a sh*tty user interface as well, but at least it can work
    with "unicode domains" which firefox already could.
    I would really try out firefox first.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 6, 2007