    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2011

  2. ~misfit~

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <jb6m4q$p7s$>,
    , ~misfit~ says...

    > I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff as my
    > daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing history and
    > cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open it.
    >
    > I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in frustration. I
    > Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does anyone know what's going
    > on?
    >
    > TIA.

    You don't mention the OS, but... Start, Narrator? - check the settings
    there?

    And why IE7? - it's old! :)

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 1, 2011

  3. On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:44:07 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff as my
    >daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing history and
    >cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open it.
    >
    >I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in frustration. I
    >Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does anyone know what's going
    >on?
    >
    >TIA.

    It might not be IE doing that - it might be your virus protection
    software.
    Stephen Worthington, Dec 1, 2011
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <jb6m4q$p7s$>,
    > , ~misfit~ says...
    >>
    >> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff
    >> as my daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing
    >> history and cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open
    >> it.
    >>
    >> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in
    >> frustration. I Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does
    >> anyone know what's going on?
    >>
    >> TIA.

    > You don't mention the OS, but... Start, Narrator? - check the settings
    > there?

    XP Pro, 32-bit.

    > And why IE7? - it's old! :)

    I had issues with IE 8.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2011
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Stephen Worthington wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:44:07 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff
    >> as my daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing
    >> history and cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open
    >> it.
    >>
    >> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in
    >> frustration. I Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does
    >> anyone know what's going on?
    >>
    >> TIA.

    > It might not be IE doing that - it might be your virus protection
    > software.

    Aha! Good point. I use Avast free, I'll check in a while (gotta go rest).
    Surely it wouldn't do it *everytime* though? Perhaps I need to set up the
    'zone' or whatever MS call it?

    Thanks for the clue, it seems I'm short of them of late. ;-)

    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2011
  6. ~misfit~

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <jb7dck$me$>, ,
    ~misfit~ says...

    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
    > > In article <jb6m4q$p7s$>,
    > > , ~misfit~ says...
    > >>
    > >> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff
    > >> as my daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing
    > >> history and cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open
    > >> it.
    > >>
    > >> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in
    > >> frustration. I Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does
    > >> anyone know what's going on?
    > >>
    > >> TIA.

    > > You don't mention the OS, but... Start, Narrator? - check the settings
    > > there?

    > XP Pro, 32-bit.
    >
    > > And why IE7? - it's old! :)

    > I had issues with IE 8.
    >
    > Cheers,

    OK, well try Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Sound (tab).

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 1, 2011
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <jb7dck$me$>,
    > , ~misfit~ says...
    >>
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:

    [snip]
    >>> And why IE7? - it's old! :)

    >> I had issues with IE 8.
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > OK, well try Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Sound (tab).

    No luck there either. This has me puzzled.

    ~misfit~, Dec 2, 2011