    --
    Paul
    NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.
    Paul U, Nov 10, 2008

  2. Paul U

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Nov 10, 12:58 pm, "Paul U" <> wrote:
    > Just had to reset IE 7 as it had slowed down for some reason.
    >
    > Now works fine, but previously we had our 3 Hotmail email addresses
    > displayed in coloured boxes on our opening screen (http://login.live.com/.
    > . .). Click on the box, and you're through to your e-mail.
    >
    > Now can't get more than one box, and can't remember how we did it the first
    > time!
    >
    > Also, when 'sign out' button is pressed in Hotmail, it annoyingly goes tohttp://uk.msn.com/?ocid=hmlogoutwhich takes a long time to load. Can you
    > select the page to go to?
    >
    > All suggestions gratefully received!
    > --
    > Paul
    > NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    IE (& Windows) needs to be restarted once a day or so
    gnu / linux, Nov 11, 2008

  3. Paul U

    Paul U Guest

    "gnu / linux" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 10, 12:58 pm, "Paul U" <> wrote:
    >> Just had to reset IE 7 as it had slowed down for some reason.
    >>
    >> Now works fine, but previously we had our 3 Hotmail email addresses
    >> displayed in coloured boxes on our opening screen
    >> (http://login.live.com/.
    >> . .). Click on the box, and you're through to your e-mail.
    >>
    >> Now can't get more than one box, and can't remember how we did it the
    >> first
    >> time!
    >>
    >> Also, when 'sign out' button is pressed in Hotmail, it annoyingly goes
    >> tohttp://uk.msn.com/?ocid=hmlogoutwhich takes a long time to load. Can
    >> you
    >> select the page to go to?
    >>
    >> All suggestions gratefully received!
    >> --
    >> Paul
    >> NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    > IE (& Windows) needs to be restarted once a day or so

    Yes, Windows XP is restarted every day, and IE7 several times a day.
    Paul U, Nov 11, 2008
  4. Paul U

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <
    s.com>, gnu / linux <> scribeth thus
    >On Nov 10, 12:58 pm, "Paul U" <> wrote:
    >> Just had to reset IE 7 as it had slowed down for some reason.
    >>
    >> Now works fine, but previously we had our 3 Hotmail email addresses
    >> displayed in coloured boxes on our opening screen (http://login.live.com/.
    >> . .). Click on the box, and you're through to your e-mail.
    >>
    >> Now can't get more than one box, and can't remember how we did it the first
    >> time!
    >>
    >> Also, when 'sign out' button is pressed in Hotmail, it annoyingly goes

    >tohttp://uk.msn.com/?ocid=hmlogoutwhich takes a long time to load. Can you
    >> select the page to go to?
    >>
    >> All suggestions gratefully received!
    >> --
    >> Paul
    >> NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    >IE (& Windows) needs to be restarted once a day or so

    If it does then theres something wrong with the way it was installed or
    the machine.

    We've got one WIN 2K Pro box up for almost 2 years now thanks;!..

    As good as Linux is:))..
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Nov 11, 2008
  5. Paul U

    John Holmes Guest

    tony sayer "contributed" in alt.computer:

    > In article
    > < s.com>,
    > gnu / linux <> scribeth thus
    >>On Nov 10, 12:58 pm, "Paul U" <> wrote:
    >>> Just had to reset IE 7 as it had slowed down for some reason.
    >>>
    >>> Now works fine, but previously we had our 3 Hotmail email addresses
    >>> displayed in coloured boxes on our opening screen
    >>> (http://login.live.com/. . .). Click on the box, and you're through
    >>> to your e-mail.
    >>>
    >>> Now can't get more than one box, and can't remember how we did it
    >>> the first time!
    >>>
    >>> Also, when 'sign out' button is pressed in Hotmail, it annoyingly
    >>> goes

    >>tohttp://uk.msn.com/?ocid=hmlogoutwhich takes a long time to load. Can
    >>you
    >>> select the page to go to?
    >>>
    >>> All suggestions gratefully received!
    >>> --
    >>> Paul
    >>> NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    >>IE (& Windows) needs to be restarted once a day or so

    > If it does then theres something wrong with the way it was installed
    > or the machine.
    >
    > We've got one WIN 2K Pro box up for almost 2 years now thanks;!..

    I only believe that when you post a link to a screendump of the result
    from an "uptime" command.

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Nov 11, 2008
  6. Paul U

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, John Holmes
    <> scribeth thus
    >tony sayer "contributed" in alt.computer:
    >
    >> In article
    >> < s.com>,
    >> gnu / linux <> scribeth thus

    >>>tohttp://uk.msn.com/?ocid=hmlogoutwhich takes a long time to load. Can
    >>>you

    >>>IE (& Windows) needs to be restarted once a day or so

    >> If it does then theres something wrong with the way it was installed
    >> or the machine.
    >>
    >> We've got one WIN 2K Pro box up for almost 2 years now thanks;!..

    >I only believe that when you post a link to a screendump of the result
    >from an "uptime" command.

    I'll do that as soon as I go out there its at a remote comms site.

    I use WIN2K here and thats often up for months at al time as it is at
    some other sites. Windows well the post 9* and ME versions is quite
    stable now, the earlier 95 and 98 were real dogs.

    Often the operating system is blamed for hardware faults so I've found
    over the years...

    >> As good as Linux is:))..

    Which it is:)..

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Nov 11, 2008
  7. Paul U

    gnu / linux Guest

    >> We've got one WIN 2K Pro box up for almost 2 years now thanks;!..

    zero power failures, software updates etc ?
    gnu / linux, Nov 11, 2008
  8. Paul U

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <
    s.com>, gnu / linux <> scribeth thus
    >>> We've got one WIN 2K Pro box up for almost 2 years now thanks;!..

    >zero power failures, software updates etc ?

    Well its not in need of any updates for what it does, and as its at a
    comms site its on a stonking great UPS;)..
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Nov 11, 2008