IE 7 RC1 vs. FF 1.5.0.6

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by History Fan, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    I installed IE 7 RC1 yesterday. So far, it is more stable than
    previous versions of IE 7, and has less bugs. The new search engine is a
    welcome addition. However, as of right now, only 24 search providers are
    available to install. Whereas Firefox has hundreds, if not thousands to
    choose from. The new interface of IE 7 will definitely take some getting
    used to, if that's possible.

    Having said that, I still feel Firefox is a FAR superior browser. The
    main reason is that you can customize Firefox any way you want. Its like a
    piece of plastic that you can mold to whatever shape you desire.

    Plus, it seems every day or so a new extension is released that adds
    additional capabilities to Firefox. When I use IE, I miss the convenience
    offered by extensions like Unhide Passwords, Download Them All, Map This,
    SearchBar Autosizer, Yahoo! Mail Notifier, etc....

    IE 7 should be released out of beta around late October, early
    November. It will be extremely interesting to see what the browser market
    share is this time next year.

    History Fan, Aug 25, 2006

  2. History Fan

    John Guest

    On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:14:33 -0400, "History Fan"
    <> wrote:

    > I installed IE 7 RC1 yesterday. So far, it is more stable than
    >previous versions of IE 7, and has less bugs. The new search engine is a
    >welcome addition. However, as of right now, only 24 search providers are
    >available to install. Whereas Firefox has hundreds, if not thousands to
    >choose from. The new interface of IE 7 will definitely take some getting
    >used to, if that's possible.
    >
    > Having said that, I still feel Firefox is a FAR superior browser.

    In that case, why even screw around with MSIE?

    >The main reason is that you can customize Firefox any way you want. Its like a
    >piece of plastic that you can mold to whatever shape you desire.
    > Plus, it seems every day or so a new extension is released that adds
    >additional capabilities to Firefox. When I use IE, I miss the convenience
    >offered by extensions like Unhide Passwords, Download Them All, Map This,
    >SearchBar Autosizer, Yahoo! Mail Notifier, etc....
    >
    > IE 7 should be released out of beta around late October, early
    >November. It will be extremely interesting to see what the browser market
    >share is this time next year.

    John <><

    John, Aug 26, 2006

  3. History Fan

    Splibbilla Guest

    "History Fan" <> in

    > I installed IE 7 RC1 yesterday. So far, it is more stable than
    > previous versions of IE 7, and has less bugs. The new search engine
    > is a welcome addition. However, as of right now, only 24 search
    > providers are available to install. Whereas Firefox has hundreds, if
    > not thousands to choose from. The new interface of IE 7 will
    > definitely take some getting used to, if that's possible.
    >
    > Having said that, I still feel Firefox is a FAR superior browser.
    > The
    > main reason is that you can customize Firefox any way you want. Its
    > like a piece of plastic that you can mold to whatever shape you
    > desire.
    >
    > Plus, it seems every day or so a new extension is released that
    > adds
    > additional capabilities to Firefox. When I use IE, I miss the
    > convenience offered by extensions like Unhide Passwords, Download Them
    > All, Map This, SearchBar Autosizer, Yahoo! Mail Notifier, etc....
    >
    > IE 7 should be released out of beta around late October, early
    > November. It will be extremely interesting to see what the browser
    > market share is this time next year.

    october? then maybe should be comparing firefox2 (or ff3?) to ie7
    does ie7 have spellchukker?

    --
    http://www.google.com/search?q="extra body parts" Serena "gorgeous volunteer" Boldly go" "sane
    +person