    DP Guest

    Is IE7 for X64 a 64-bit app or a 32-bit app?
    I'm guessing 32-bit.
    DP, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 26, 2006

  3. DP

    DP Guest

    Hmmm......
    It looks like when I installed IE7, I actually installed TWO versions. The
    only way I can tell the difference between the two is by going to "about
    Internet Explorer" in the help menu. There it will either say 64-bit version
    or it won't. If it doesn't say it's 64-bit I'm assuming it's 32-bit. That's
    the way it worked with IE6.

    Well, I do have a verions of IE7 that identifies itself as 64-bit and one
    that doesn't. I guess it's possible that in installing the IE7 beta, it
    simply "upgraded" both existing versions of IE6?

    DP, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Whats the size of the executable you downloaded from the IE page to install
    IE 7 on x64? IE 7 for XP SP2 is 11 MBs.
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 26, 2006
  5. DP

    DP Guest

    23.3 MB!

    DP, Apr 26, 2006
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 26, 2006
  7. DP

    mikeyhsd Guest

    data sheet I read at MS said plainly for Xp PRO with SP2.
    that woudl eliminate XP X-64

    mikeyhsd, Apr 26, 2006
  8. DP

    Rick Guest

    Wake up and smell the coffee!

    There was a version released for Win x64 yesterday!

    Rick, Apr 26, 2006
  9. DP

    mikeyhsd Guest

    unlike some people I do not sit all day with my finger on the refresh key looking for changes in a web site.
    I try to have a life.

    mikeyhsd, Apr 26, 2006
  10. DP

    DP Guest

    Then why even bother to comment on a board like this?

    DP, Apr 27, 2006
  11. No F5 Necessary. But it was stated many times on technology sites and I
    think the IE Teams blog that Windows x64 and Server 2003 x86 would not be
    supported until the official BETA 2, which was yesterday, please do not
    confuse this with the "Preview" of BETA 2.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 27, 2006