  1. Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??
    What are your thoughts ???
    Do I really care ??????
    Wrecks \(MCP\), May 10, 2006

  2. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    David French Guest

    I tried it and now back to IE6 that tell you anything. It is CRAPOn

    David French, May 10, 2006

  3. Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this
    profound linguistic utterance

    > Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??

    no.

    > What are your thoughts ???

    idiocy to even try

    > Do I really care ??????

    I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a
    beta test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is
    for? Have you taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about
    IE6 that you think will/can be improved?

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

    "'Illigitimus Non Carborundum', loosely translated from the
    Latin to mean 'Don't let the bastards grind you down!" - Motto
    of Oakland University School of Engineering, 1969
    All Things Mopar, May 10, 2006
  4. "All Things Mopar" <> wrote in message
    > Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this
    > profound linguistic utterance
    >
    >> Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??

    > no.
    >
    >> What are your thoughts ???

    > idiocy to even try
    >
    >> Do I really care ??????

    > I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a
    > beta test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is
    > for? Have you taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about
    > IE6 that you think will/can be improved?

    Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox, of course has the pop-up blocker,
    and has phishing filter,
    might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    this year.
    yes, precautions are of upmost importance, have multiboot os, xp pro, 2000
    pro, am even hanging onto nt4.
    Wrecks \(MCP\), May 10, 2006
  5. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Scribner Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:21:39 GMT, "Wrecks \(MCP\)"
    <> wrote:

    >"All Things Mopar" <> wrote in message
    >> Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this
    >> profound linguistic utterance
    >>
    >>> Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??

    >> no.
    >>
    >>> What are your thoughts ???

    >> idiocy to even try
    >>
    >>> Do I really care ??????

    >> I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a
    >> beta test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is
    >> for? Have you taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about
    >> IE6 that you think will/can be improved?
    >>

    >Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox, of course has the pop-up blocker,
    >and has phishing filter,
    >might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    >this year.
    >yes, precautions are of upmost importance, have multiboot os, xp pro, 2000
    >pro, am even hanging onto nt4.

    Vista? This year??!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
    Scribner, May 10, 2006
  6. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Kevin Wallis Guest

    Please I have and it's its crap.
    Kev

    Kevin Wallis, May 10, 2006
  7. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Plato Guest

    Wrecks (MCP) wrote:

    > Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??

    NO, nobody has.
    Plato, May 11, 2006
  8. Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this
    profound linguistic utterance

    > Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox, of course has the
    > pop-up blocker, and has phishing filter,
    > might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista
    > release later this year.
    > yes, precautions are of upmost importance, have multiboot
    > os, xp pro, 2000 pro, am even hanging onto nt4.

    I won't even contemplate looking for great "vistas" for a year
    or two after its eventual release. I like to let other people
    beta test released software with their Visa cards, as well as
    their sanity and the integrity of their systems. Who I feel the
    most sorry for, though, is all the newbies buying their first
    PC, they won't have any idea what hit them, same as today's
    don't understand what is wrong with SP2.

    All Things Mopar, May 11, 2006
  9. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:21:39 +0000, Wrecks (MCP) wrote:

    > "All Things Mopar" <> wrote in message
    >> Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this profound
    >> linguistic utterance
    >>
    >>> Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??

    >> no.
    >>
    >>> What are your thoughts ???

    >> idiocy to even try
    >>
    >>> Do I really care ??????

    >> I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a beta
    >> test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is for? Have you
    >> taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about IE6 that you think
    >> will/can be improved?
    >>

    > Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox, of course has the pop-up
    > blocker, and has phishing filter,
    > might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    > this year.
    > yes, precautions are of upmost importance, have multiboot os, xp pro, 2000
    > pro, am even hanging onto nt4.

    Does anyone besides moi use Enigma Browser?

    Meat Plow, May 11, 2006
  10. Meat Plow wrote:

    > Does anyone besides moi use Enigma Browser?

    That's another one of those IE shells/skins, right? Same old IE
    underneath. Same old security holes, I'd imagine.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 11, 2006
  11. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Timmy Guest

    To be honest. IE6 is the best.
    IE7 b2 has nothing exciting to offer but messed up the outlay and removed
    some buttons with an extra unwanted non-removeable SEARCH BOX (even you can
    selent your fav search engines)
    Just not impressive.
    Just try it for yourself. You can remove it anytime to rollback to IE6.

    Timmy, May 13, 2006
  12. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:21:39 +0100, Wrecks \(MCP\) wrote
    (in article <7yn8g.10152$>):

    > "All Things Mopar" <> wrote in message
    >> Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this
    >> profound linguistic utterance
    >>
    >>> Has anyone loaded ie7 beta2??

    >> no.
    >>
    >>> What are your thoughts ???

    >> idiocy to even try
    >>
    >>> Do I really care ??????

    >> I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a
    >> beta test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is
    >> for? Have you taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about
    >> IE6 that you think will/can be improved?
    >>

    > Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox

    Er, that's like saying plastic leatherette has the feel of leather. IE7 is
    about as much akin to Firefox as Windows is to Linux.

    , of course has the pop-up blocker,

    Terminally useless.

    > and has phishing filter,

    No it doesn't.

    > might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    > this year.

    No it won't. Vista isn't released until 2nd quarter NEXT year, chunderhead.
    Besides, I've seen Vista. It looks as though it was compiled by teenagers on
    a GNVQ computing course. It's nothing more than XP SP3 - and it's an insult
    to ask anyone to pay for it (but there will be many idiots who just have to
    have the 'latest' and 'greatest' M$ OS and will fork out the £200 or whatever
    M$ want.) I can foresee that you'll be one of them.

    IE7's interface looks as though it was designed by a 7-year-old.
    Margolotta, May 15, 2006
  13. The obnoxious "Margolotta" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Snipped

    >>> no.

    >>> idiocy to even try

    >>> I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a
    >>> beta test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is
    >>> for? Have you taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about
    >>> IE6 that you think will/can be improved?
    >>>

    >> Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox

    > Er, that's like saying plastic leatherette has the feel of leather. IE7 is
    > about as much akin to Firefox as Windows is to Linux.
    >
    > , of course has the pop-up blocker,
    >
    > Terminally useless.
    >
    >> and has phishing filter,

    > No it doesn't.
    >
    >> might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    >> this year.

    > No it won't. Vista isn't released until 2nd quarter NEXT year,
    > chunderhead.
    > Besides, I've seen Vista. It looks as though it was compiled by teenagers
    > on
    > a GNVQ computing course. It's nothing more than XP SP3 - and it's an
    > insult
    > to ask anyone to pay for it (but there will be many idiots who just have
    > have the 'latest' and 'greatest' M$ OS and will fork out the £200 or
    > whatever
    > M$ want.) I can foresee that you'll be one of them.
    >
    > IE7's interface looks as though it was designed by a 7-year-old.

    And you blob Sarah look like you were designed by a demented
    Martian on acid, but happy birthday nontheless.
    Birthday Blob, May 15, 2006
  14. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Jan Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:21:39 +0100, Wrecks \(MCP\) wrote
    > (in article <7yn8g.10152$>):
    >

    > > "All Things Mopar" <> wrote in message
    > >> Today Wrecks (MCP) attempted to dazzle everyone with this
    > >> profound linguistic utterance

    > >> no.

    > >> idiocy to even try

    > >> I don't know, do you care? Do you care to hose your system on a
    > >> beta test? Do you understand what beta test is and who it is
    > >> for? Have you taken precautions? And, exactly what is it about
    > >> IE6 that you think will/can be improved?
    > >>

    > > Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox

    > Er, that's like saying plastic leatherette has the feel of leather. IE7 is
    > about as much akin to Firefox as Windows is to Linux.
    >
    > , of course has the pop-up blocker,
    >
    > Terminally useless.
    >
    > > and has phishing filter,

    > No it doesn't.
    >
    > > might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    > > this year.

    > No it won't. Vista isn't released until 2nd quarter NEXT year, chunderhead.
    > Besides, I've seen Vista. It looks as though it was compiled by teenagers on
    > a GNVQ computing course. It's nothing more than XP SP3 - and it's an insult
    > to ask anyone to pay for it (but there will be many idiots who just have to
    > have the 'latest' and 'greatest' M$ OS and will fork out the £200 or whatever
    > M$ want.) I can foresee that you'll be one of them.
    >
    > IE7's interface looks as though it was designed by a 7-year-old.

    IE 7 does have a phishing filter.
    --

    Cheers!

    Jan
    Jan, May 15, 2006
  15. Sarah gets it wrong yet again and as the awful "Margolotta"
    <>
    she didn't have an original thing to type in message

    > No it won't. Vista isn't released until 2nd quarter NEXT year,
    > chunderhead.
    > Besides, I've seen Vista. It looks as though it was compiled by teenagers
    > on
    > a GNVQ computing course. It's nothing more than XP SP3 - and it's an
    > insult
    > to ask anyone to pay for it (but there will be many idiots who just have
    > have the 'latest' and 'greatest' M$ OS and will fork out the £200 or
    > whatever
    > M$ want.) I can foresee that you'll be one of them.

    You haven't seen Vista, you don't know what you are talking about Sarah,
    You have just lifted the comments of a regular poster to UKCSM, I won't
    embarrass the original poster by identifying him, as your dumb remarks
    are not his concern.
    Birthday Blob, May 15, 2006
  16. Margolotta wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:21:39 +0100, Wrecks \(MCP\) wrote
    > (in article <7yn8g.10152$>):
    >
    >> Actually, 7beta2 has the feel of firefox

    > Er, that's like saying plastic leatherette has the feel of leather. IE7 is
    > about as much akin to Firefox as Windows is to Linux.
    >
    > , of course has the pop-up blocker,
    >
    > Terminally useless.
    >
    >> and has phishing filter,

    > No it doesn't.

    That would be an anti-phishing filter.

    >> might as well get used to it, cause it will be on the vista release later
    >> this year.

    > No it won't. Vista isn't released until 2nd quarter NEXT year, chunderhead.

    Where are you getting your information on Vista? Build 5308 has IE 7
    Beta (which does have a built in anti-phishing filter). Last I heard,
    the business version(s) will be released to the corporate world in Nov
    2006, consumer version(s) to follow sometime in 2007.

    > Besides, I've seen Vista. It looks as though it was compiled by teenagers on
    > a GNVQ computing course.

    True, but it was copied off of your precious Mac UI.

    > It's nothing more than XP SP3

    Then that's a damn huge service pack. XP takes up slightly less than 2
    gigs, and Vista Build 5308 takes up almost 6 gigs.

    - and it's an insult
    > to ask anyone to pay for it (but there will be many idiots who just have to
    > have the 'latest' and 'greatest' M$ OS and will fork out the £200 or whatever
    > M$ want.)

    Agreed.

    > I can foresee that you'll be one of them.

    Now see, noone really has anyway to say this is true. This is just you
    "sharing" again. You really need to share less since you always make it
    so unpleasant, Esp. with your boyfriend, as he won't survive much longer
    if you give him yet another VD.

    > IE7's interface looks as though it was designed by a 7-year-old.

    A 7 yr. old who has not a clue about well designed browser interfaces.
    But OTOH, it's much, much more pleasant and easy to interact with than
    you are, you unholy sow!
    MaggotLardo is over 30 now, May 15, 2006
  17. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    Gordon Guest

    MaggotLardo is over 30 now wrote:

    > Then that's a damn huge service pack. XP takes up slightly less than 2
    > gigs, and Vista Build 5308 takes up almost 6 gigs.

    6 *GB* ? Holy Cow. What the HELL have they put in it? More MS totally
    unnecessary bloat.

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, May 15, 2006
  18. Wrecks \(MCP\)

    mamamia Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > MaggotLardo is over 30 now wrote:
    >
    >> Then that's a damn huge service pack. XP takes up slightly less than 2
    >> gigs, and Vista Build 5308 takes up almost 6 gigs.

    > 6 *GB* ? Holy Cow. What the HELL have they put in it? More MS totally
    > unnecessary bloat.

    Hi Gordon.

    Well, your guess is as good as mine. There is the aero glass gui which
    is slow and clunky on a 256 mb Radeon Pro 9800, Athlon 64 3200, and 1 GB
    memory (shudder! Talk about inefficient code!). You only need to click
    through 10 more windows than you used to in XP or 2000 to change any
    settings, and yes, they've changed the way the user does just about
    everything in Vista. I suppose they also have added more DRM, still has
    WPA and WGA, then there is extra stuff (UAP or User Account Protection)
    for trying to isolate everything to "user mode" instead of running
    everything in "system mode". Now mind you, I can only speak for up to
    build 5308 which was released in Feb, 2006. I think they are in build
    5381 by now. But 5308 is released before they announced postponing the
    release of Vista to consumers (wherein they are re-writing approx. %60
    of the code from XP because Media Center is a buggy piece of shite).

    Now, consider that this is how bloated Vista is now...this is after they
    decided to leave out all those other extra special features like WinFS,
    Windows PowerShell, and Next-Generation Secure Computing Base (NGSCB)
    just to name a few.

    In a nutshell, "More MS totally unnecessary bloat".

    --
    http://www.killbillsbrowser.com
    mamamia, May 15, 2006