    anything that Firefox doesn't already use. Plus Firefox has a more
    customizable interface. With IE 7, certain segments of the browser cannot
    be moved around or resized at all.

    History Fan, May 10, 2006

  2. History Fan

    Miller Guest

    *History Fan* wrote on 11.05.06 00:04:
    > I tried out IE 7 beta 2 for a few hours today. The new interface is
    > quite a departure from previous builds of IE. It certainly will take some
    > getting used to. The tabbed browsing works very nice. RSS feeds and search
    > bar are an improvement. However, As far as I can tell, IE 7 doesn't have
    > anything that Firefox doesn't already use. Plus Firefox has a more
    > customizable interface. With IE 7, certain segments of the browser cannot
    > be moved around or resized at all.

    ACK. Ugly huge tabs, toolbars an icons. No extensions. Strange menues you
    can't customize.
    Though i nearly never use IE since three years now i can say that i liked
    IE 5.5 much better than IE 7.

    bye, M.

    Miller, May 10, 2006

  3. "History Fan" <> said in

    > I tried out IE 7 beta 2 for a few hours today. The
    > new interface is
    > quite a departure from previous builds of IE. It certainly
    > will take some getting used to. The tabbed browsing works
    > very nice. RSS feeds and search bar are an improvement.
    > However, As far as I can tell, IE 7 doesn't have anything
    > that Firefox doesn't already use. Plus Firefox has a more
    > customizable interface. With IE 7, certain segments of the
    > browser cannot be moved around or resized at all.

    In regard to your earlier post about FF crashing... if you had IE7 installed that *may* be
    the problem. I don't think they get along very well thanks to m$ but don't quote me on
    that. :))

    Whatevernevermind, May 11, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "Whatevernevermind" <> wrote in message
    > "History Fan" <> said in
    >
    >> I tried out IE 7 beta 2 for a few hours today. The
    >> new interface is
    >> quite a departure from previous builds of IE. It certainly
    >> will take some getting used to. The tabbed browsing works
    >> very nice. RSS feeds and search bar are an improvement.
    >> However, As far as I can tell, IE 7 doesn't have anything
    >> that Firefox doesn't already use. Plus Firefox has a more
    >> customizable interface. With IE 7, certain segments of the
    >> browser cannot be moved around or resized at all.
    >>

    > In regard to your earlier post about FF crashing... if you had IE7
    > installed that *may* be
    > the problem. I don't think they get along very well thanks to m$ but don't
    > quote me on
    > that. :))

    IE 7 beta was installed after the 2nd Firefox crash. However, I've
    since reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything, except IE 7.

    History Fan, May 11, 2006