    Bank..

    But OK with Firefox.
    , May 29, 2006

  2. On Mon, 29 May 2006 19:23:41 +1200, zipdisk wrote:

    Is it still a Micro$oft product?

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 29, 2006

  3. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in

    > A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out
    > loosing some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not
    > always the answer..

    http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/

    # Internet Explorer Fitted-Width Printing
    Have you ever printed a web page only to find that the right-hand edge is
    missing? This is for you. First, this download page will install the
    control. After installation, close the browser window and reopen a new one.
    You should have a new printer icon with a small 'W' next to it on the
    toolbar. Press this to bring up a print dialog which will then print the
    page fitted to the width of your paper. Alternatively, hold down the
    Control key while pressing the button and you will get a print preview
    instead.

    29/Jan/2003: I've updated the download version so that it should hopefully
    fix the problem with IE6 SP1. Your Downloaded Program Files should list
    IEPrint with version 1.0.0.140 after installing this version (the previous
    version was 1.0.0.123).

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 29, 2006
  4. Nova Guest

    wrote:

    > Does it still have the problem with printing web site pages..?
    >
    > A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out loosing
    > some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not always the
    > answer..
    >
    > About 95% of these sites print OK with Firefox..
    >
    > Mind you some of these site do have a Print option..
    >
    > Have found this problem with my New Superbank acc, its ok with The National
    > Bank..
    >
    > But OK with Firefox.

    I have been using IE7 for a while now, it fixes the printing issues that
    IE6 had.

    I have come across quite a few sites that simply don't work with IE7
    though and have had to use firefox with them.
    Nova, May 29, 2006
  5. Mutlley Guest

    Nova <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>

    >> Does it still have the problem with printing web site pages..?
    >>
    >> A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out loosing
    >> some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not always the
    >> answer..
    >>
    >> About 95% of these sites print OK with Firefox..
    >>
    >> Mind you some of these site do have a Print option..
    >>
    >> Have found this problem with my New Superbank acc, its ok with The National
    >> Bank..
    >>
    >> But OK with Firefox.
    >>

    >I have been using IE7 for a while now, it fixes the printing issues that
    >IE6 had.
    >
    >I have come across quite a few sites that simply don't work with IE7
    >though and have had to use firefox with them.

    Why not use Firefox all the time then??
    Mutlley, May 29, 2006
  6. Nova Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > Nova <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Does it still have the problem with printing web site pages..?
    >>>
    >>> A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out loosing
    >>> some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not always the
    >>> answer..
    >>>
    >>> About 95% of these sites print OK with Firefox..
    >>>
    >>> Mind you some of these site do have a Print option..
    >>>
    >>> Have found this problem with my New Superbank acc, its ok with The National
    >>> Bank..
    >>>
    >>> But OK with Firefox.
    >>>

    >> I have been using IE7 for a while now, it fixes the printing issues that
    >> IE6 had.
    >>
    >> I have come across quite a few sites that simply don't work with IE7
    >> though and have had to use firefox with them.

    > Why not use Firefox all the time then??

    Mainly because I know that when IE7 is fully released it will have
    either been fixed to work with those sites, or all those sites will be
    fixed to work with IE7 :). Whether you like it or not it's by far the
    most popular browser so websites will always be made to work with it and
    I prefer to be using a browser I know is going to work with the majority
    ir not all of sites and I see nothing in firefox now that IE7 doesn't offer.

    I also like the look/feel of IE7, but perhaps I am just used to it.
    Opera would be my favourite browser after IE7, it's so snappy and quick
    but it had a few issues with some sites that put me off it.
    Nova, May 29, 2006
  7. Kent Smith Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > wrote in
    >
    >> A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out
    >> loosing some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not
    >> always the answer..

    > http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/

    From the Print dialog, I just go <Preferences><Image Options><Scaling>80%

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, May 30, 2006
  8. David Guest

    wrote:

    > Does it still have the problem with printing web site pages..?
    >
    > A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out loosing
    > some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not always the
    > answer..
    >
    > About 95% of these sites print OK with Firefox..
    >
    > Mind you some of these site do have a Print option..
    >
    > Have found this problem with my New Superbank acc, its ok with The National
    > Bank..
    >
    > But OK with Firefox.

    I find it quite buggy, especially when downloading files (It often crashes).
    David, May 30, 2006
  9. sharktbbtfy Guest

    David wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>

    >> Does it still have the problem with printing web site pages..?
    >>
    >> A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out
    >> loosing
    >> some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not always the
    >> answer..
    >>
    >> About 95% of these sites print OK with Firefox..
    >>
    >> Mind you some of these site do have a Print option..
    >>
    >> Have found this problem with my New Superbank acc, its ok with The
    >> National
    >> Bank..
    >>
    >> But OK with Firefox.
    >>

    > I find it quite buggy, especially when downloading files (It often
    > crashes).

    & it's fugly!

    --
    Sharktbbtfy
    sharktbbtfy, May 30, 2006
  10. Nik Coughlin Guest

    wrote:
    > Does it still have the problem with printing web site pages..?

    I can't say having not printed anything with it. But I have to say that as
    a web developer I've been pretty disappointed with the fixes to the
    rendering engine in general. Good to see the most common bugs fixed but
    there is still a whole bunch of CSS 2 stuff missing (among other things).
    Glad that MS are finally supporting alpha in PNG properly, now if only they
    could fix the faulty gamma correction I could finally ditch GIF :|
    Nik Coughlin, May 30, 2006
  11. Chris Lim Guest

    Re: IE 7 any one tried it yet, is it still Buggy.?

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > I can't say having not printed anything with it. But I have to say that as
    > a web developer I've been pretty disappointed with the fixes to the
    > rendering engine in general. Good to see the most common bugs fixed but

    I don't know if this is related to IE or just browsers in general, but
    one pet hate I have is how the focus for the default field is set after
    the entire page loads. I often find myself typing in my user
    name/password before the page has completely loaded, only to find the
    cursor jump to the default field while I'm typing!

    As a desktop programmer, I would expect that either the user is
    prevented from doing anything on the page until it's loaded, or the
    focus would not change if the user has started typing....

    I tried using Firefox for a while, but I didn't like it. Something to
    do with the way it rendered the pages made it seem ugly. Not in terms
    of the end result, but just the way it drew the page seemed very
    haphazard.

    Chris
    Chris Lim, May 30, 2006
  12. Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:05:01 +1200, Nova wrote:

    >> Why not use Firefox all the time then??

    > Mainly because I know that when IE7 is fully released it will have
    > either been fixed to work with those sites, or all those sites will be
    > fixed to work with IE7 :). Whether you like it or not it's by far the
    > most popular browser so websites will always be made to work with it and
    > I prefer to be using a browser I know is going to work with the majority
    > ir not all of sites and I see nothing in firefox now that IE7 doesn't offer.

    Hey, here is an idea. A web standard. Then all browesers could be built to
    met it and the pages would look right.

    Tounge out of cheek.
    Gordon, May 30, 2006
  13. Nova Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:05:01 +1200, Nova wrote:
    >
    >>> Why not use Firefox all the time then??

    >> Mainly because I know that when IE7 is fully released it will have
    >> either been fixed to work with those sites, or all those sites will be
    >> fixed to work with IE7 :). Whether you like it or not it's by far the
    >> most popular browser so websites will always be made to work with it and
    >> I prefer to be using a browser I know is going to work with the majority
    >> ir not all of sites and I see nothing in firefox now that IE7 doesn't offer.

    > Hey, here is an idea. A web standard. Then all browesers could be built to
    > met it and the pages would look right.
    >
    > Tounge out of cheek.

    It would be nice, but often not the case...
    Nova, May 30, 2006
  14. Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, flash130
    @yahoo.com says...
    > On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:05:01 +1200, Nova wrote:
    >
    > >> Why not use Firefox all the time then??

    > > Mainly because I know that when IE7 is fully released it will have
    > > either been fixed to work with those sites, or all those sites will be
    > > fixed to work with IE7 :). Whether you like it or not it's by far the
    > > most popular browser so websites will always be made to work with it and
    > > I prefer to be using a browser I know is going to work with the majority
    > > ir not all of sites and I see nothing in firefox now that IE7 doesn't offer.

    > Hey, here is an idea. A web standard. Then all browesers could be built to
    > met it and the pages would look right.
    >
    > Tounge out of cheek.

    There has always been one. It evolves - and just as well.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, May 30, 2006
  15. Guest

    On Tue, 30 May 2006 11:34:13 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    >"Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote in
    >>
    >>> A good 35% of web site I use, you can't print the full page with out
    >>> loosing some thing on the right side, going to landscape mode it not
    >>> always the answer..

    >> http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/
    >>

    >From the Print dialog, I just go <Preferences><Image Options><Scaling>80%
    >

    >-KENT

    And were is this Option..???
    , May 30, 2006
  16. Kent Smith Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 May 2006 11:34:13 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >>> wrote in

    >>> http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/
    >>>

    >>From the Print dialog, I just go <Preferences><Image Options><Scaling>80%
    >>

    > And were is this Option..???

    I think after <Preferences> it is print driver specific so may be a bit
    different depending on the type of printer you have, however all the ones I
    have used have it in some form or another. If you can't find it, what's
    your printer?

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, May 31, 2006
  17. Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:52:05 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 30 May 2006 11:34:13 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message

    >>>From the Print dialog, I just go <Preferences><Image Options><Scaling>80%
    >>>

    >> And were is this Option..???
    >>

    >I think after <Preferences> it is print driver specific so may be a bit
    >different depending on the type of printer you have, however all the ones I
    >have used have it in some form or another. If you can't find it, what's
    >your printer?
    >

    >-KENT

    HP 6L
    , May 31, 2006
  18. Kent Smith Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:52:05 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message

    >>> And were is this Option..???
    >>>

    >>I think after <Preferences> it is print driver specific so may be a bit
    >>different depending on the type of printer you have, however all the ones
    >>have used have it in some form or another. If you can't find it, what's
    >>your printer?

    > HP 6L

    Tried to download your driver but they don't have one for XP it would seem.
    sorry :(
    http://tinyurl.com/phz7b

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, May 31, 2006
  19. Dave Taylor Guest

    "Kent Smith" <> wrote in

    > Tried to download your driver but they don't have one for XP it would
    > seem. sorry :(
    > http://tinyurl.com/phz7b

    Probably because it is built into the OS. So the user is going to need the
    third party fix I posted...

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jun 1, 2006
  20. Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:17:59 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:52:05 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>><> wrote in message

    >>>I think after <Preferences> it is print driver specific so may be a bit
    >>>different depending on the type of printer you have, however all the ones
    >>>have used have it in some form or another. If you can't find it, what's
    >>>your printer?

    >> HP 6L
    >>

    >Tried to download your driver but they don't have one for XP it would seem.
    >sorry :(
    >http://tinyurl.com/phz7b
    >

    >-KENT

    Thanks but The Driver is in XP..