    "When I feed the poor, I'm called a saint. When I ask why the poor have no
    food, I'm called a communist." ...Archbishop Dom Helder Pessoa Camara of
    Olinda and Recife, Brazilian Liberation Theologist .
    Ron B Flaman, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Ron B Flaman

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you have SpyBot or Spyware Blaster installed?
    They have options for disabling these functions.

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:34:14 GMT, in
    <GUVkb.133561$9l5.13339@pd7tw2no>
    Ron B Flaman scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Ron B Flaman

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:34:14 GMT, "Ron B Flaman" <>
    wrote:

    >Good Day,
    >
    >I cannot open Internet Options through IE 6. I get the following message:
    >This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
    >computer. Please contact your system administrator.
    >
    >I can't change my home page in Internet Options through the Control Panel,
    >either, as the option is greyed out.
    >
    >I'm running WinXP SP1.
    >
    >You're help would be appreciated.

    Are you logged on as a user with administrative rights?
    -
    Harrison
    Live on Skype:windowshelp
    WTF's Skype?
    www.skype.com
    Harrison, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Ron B Flaman

    Ron B Flaman Guest

    Right on! Thank you Mike

    Ron B Flaman, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Ron B Flaman

    Luc Bonte Guest

    "Ron B Flaman" <> wrote:
    >Good Day,
    >
    >I cannot open Internet Options through IE 6. I get the following message:
    >This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
    >computer. Please contact your system administrator.
    >
    >I can't change my home page in Internet Options through the Control Panel,
    >either, as the option is greyed out.
    >
    >I'm running WinXP SP1.
    >
    >You're help would be appreciated.
    >--
    >Ron B. Flaman
    >Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    >---------------------------------
    >"When I feed the poor, I'm called a saint. When I ask why the poor have no
    >food, I'm called a communist." ...Archbishop Dom Helder Pessoa Camara of
    >Olinda and Recife, Brazilian Liberation Theologist .

    There is a possibility of preventing adaptation of the internet-options
    from another application. For instance, this can be done from Spybot-Search en
    Destroy and this possibility can even be password-protected.
    Luc
    Luc Bonte, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Ron B Flaman

    Luc Bonte Guest